Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Bonvoy member rate available
No prepayment needed
Book Now with Marriott Bonvoy
Amy Alise H
Los Angeles, California
This hotel is great! Unique Portland experience!
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Feb 2024via mobile
If you’re looking for a unique Portland hotel experience you need to check out Moxy. The lobby/bar is a whole vibe. Conan, Shelby, Emory, & Samika made me feel like their best friend. The beds are comfy. The decor is modern. Doesn’t feel like a cookie cutter hotel. Try Jake’s across the street for a yummy dinner.
Date of stay: February 2024
Room Tip: Ask the hotel about the best spots for parking.
RM 524
  • Expedia.com
    RM 557
0.8 km from Moxy Portland Downtown
View more hotels in Portland
All reviews noise machine fun bar cool vibe funky hotel walls are thin hotel bar food carts convenient location upon check business trip top floor a great stay happy hour would stay here again conan lobby downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 February 2024

Fun hotel! The decor, the staff and the amenities are spot on! The staff is very friendly at check in. Arrived early and the staff member checked me in. Received a free drink ticket for the bar which is at the same location as the check in. I have never stayed at a hotel where the bar/checkin are one. Great concept. Staff are not in stuffy uniforms. They are young and fun! They gave me great recommendations for breakfast and coffee. My room was cozy. Clean, comfortable bed, perfect pillows! The room has a nespresso machine in the room, my favorite coffee. Stayed on the 8th floor with a great view. It was quiet. The lobby is comfortable with seating, games, modern trendy decor. The bar staff are fun. Notice many customers that come in off the street. I was impressed that the bartenders carded young people. Conan was are bartenders, made perfect drinks. Super friendly, made us want to stay at the bar. Used the valet parking. Highly recommend it. Did not have to worry about our car. Shelby checked me in and out - great customer service. I can’t remember the last time I said I enjoyed my hotel stay. This place is an experience! Cheaper than an Airbnb. Great location! Will be my Portland go to!

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Klint Kolbu, General Manager at Moxy Portland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2024

Hi BethL1348,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience at Moxy Portland Downtown! You have mentioned all the things that make our hotel so fun - friendly staff, clean and comfortable room and not to mention a free drink when you check in. Love seeing our staff (Conan and Shelby) mentioned in your post. Please come back again soon!

Reviewed 1 February 2024

The staff and hospitality are the best. Everyone was so kind and accommodating. I could not have asked better stay.

If I had one improvement I would say to add sliding doors to the showers. It’s a great shower until you step back to feet and then you’re cold.

Hi ashleylQ5054MD,

Our staff is awesome and I am so glad you mentioned it! Thank you for the suggestion on the improvements and we look forward to seeing you again during your travels to PDX.

Reviewed 1 February 2024

I visited the Moxy hotel in the beginning of January, and it is hands-down, the best hotel I have ever been to. Not only is the staff, very friendly, but they also go out of their way to take care of their guests. Mary checked us in and took care of us the majority of the time we were there. She is a true asset to the Marriott company as a whole. I give her and the Moxy a 10 out of 10. I definitely recommend staying here on your next trip.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Klint Kolbu, General Manager at Moxy Portland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2024

Hi Ekcrean,

What an awesome review! Thank you for sharing your experience with the community and for calling out Mary. We look forward to seeing you again soon at Moxy Portland Downtown.

Reviewed 1 February 2024

I visited Portland to see family and friends and was happy to find this boutique hotel. I have heard many things about Moxy and it exceeded my expectations! The place was nice, clean, and trendy, and the staff was amazing. Mary was super friendly to me and answered all of my questions. Thank you!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Klint Kolbu, General Manager at Moxy Portland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2024

Hi dianecZ7054ZR,

And we loved that you stayed with us at Moxy Portland! I appreciate you calling out our staff and including Mary in your review. We have an outstanding team and are thankful that you commented about it.

Reviewed 29 January 2024

Moxy customer service, clean and staff greets you with a smile and remember you from past visits. Also remember how to accommodate you and make you feel at home. love the view and scenery looking out the room windows and just enjoy the moment.

Date of stay: December 2023

Hi owanob,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.