“If you like Kale salad and Sweet Potato fries, you'll love this place.”
Review of The Observatory

The Observatory
Ranked #68 of 4,402 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2015

The food here is really good, Ive tried several things and liked it all. The Vegetarian burger is also really good. The Salmon was very tender and not overcooked.

Reviewed 15 March 2015

My test for a lunch sandwich is the Reuben, bread, corn beef, coleslaw, cheese, all elements necessary to provide for a tasty and memorable bite experience. Yum - The Observatory pulled all the elements together in an excellent fashion. Companions had salads, soup,draft beer, also excellent. Apparently this place can be crowded and exuberant noise levels in the evening. If that is not your scene choice go for a great and memorable lunch.

Reviewed 15 February 2015

While visiting our daughter in Portland today we decided to get some lunch. She lives on the east side of town near The observatory. I decided to have the pulled pork with BBQ and am glad I did. My husband had the Reuben and my daughter had soup and a grilled veggie sandwich. All items were very good and am planning to return when we are in Portland again.

Reviewed 16 January 2015

A friend suggested lunch here the other day, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the place was. Because it was lunch time it was busy and all the tables in this small open airy place were full. We opted to sit at the bar and had a lovely friendly wait staff who was very attentive and intuitive. The food was very well prepared with quality ingredients, and the soups are just delicious! I really love when you get what you would like in a timely, friendly manner, just makes going out what it should be. The prices were very reasonable, portions were healthy but not overwhelming. Didn't try the Mussels but friend said they're fabulous served in a broth and Grand central bread served alongside. I'll definitely be returning!

Reviewed 4 January 2015

If you find yourself on Stark Street, I highly recommend stopping at The Observatory. You will feel cool eating here and the food is delicious. It can get a little loud in the restaurant, so if you are looking to intimate, this may not be the place, however if you enjoy a great vibe and excellent food, drop in.

They offer a drink of the day as part of their happy hour, and I haven't been disappointed yet. The pomegranate margarita was one of the best I've had. Also, the fry bread is a must try. It comes with two dipping sauces, and it is out of this world. I drop by for happy hour and get this, plus a small salad, and it is very well priced.

For dinner or lunch, their salads are unique, healthy, and delicious. Their menu changes, so it's hard to give entree recommendations, but each is very good.

Behind the restaurant is a bar called Over and Out which has pool tables, pin ball, and lots of TV screens. Same food and drink, but different vibe. It's a cozy bar and worth going back for a look-see or to have a meal.