“Want solid Chinese - more than you can eat?”

Jumbo's Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #1,585 of 4,649 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Push aside the crowd of gamblers in the lounge and head for the restaurant. Enjoy some solid Chinese (american style) for a fraction of what it should cost. Always plenty.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I had been walking on the Springwater Coridor and got myself turned around. I came out on SE Jognson Creek Blvd and SE 45th Place. I looked over and spotted the sign for Jumbos and desided I need to get a drink and think over my next step in this walking trip to explore Tideman Johnson Park.

I walked into Jumbos Lounge and waited a few seconds for my eyes yo adjust to the darkness. I ordered a bott;e of Bud. That cost $2.50 so I figured it must be Happy Hour.

I walked across the room to the video poker machines. There were about six of them. And I played while I sipped my beer. I had to seep up my sipping as the machine was drinking up my green like a fish.

After finishing up my Bud I stepped back outside and headed toward the Springwater Corridor with my walking book in hand. This time I would start from scratch and walk it forwards instead of backwards. And leave the path at SE 37th this time. The way the book had the walk listed for the journey-- starting off at SE 45th and Johnson Creek Blvd.

Was nice to have a beer break, though Jumbos just didn't seem like my kinda place. Seemed like afternoon house wives hang out at Jumbos on Monday Afternoons.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Go here to eat Chinese American food for cheap, not for atmosphere. Our family eats here often. Yum!

Reviewed 2 December 2016

We have been here off and on over the years. it has changed hands a few times. The food is good, worth the occasional maze from the bus to get there. Perfect of you have some laundry to catch up on all at once- put it on next door and pop over for some hot tasty noms or noms to go. We have had a variety of items and not been unhappy with any of them. Not the fanciest or best but pretty good and quiet.

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Its a good American Chinese food. Nothing special but great for quick local takeout.
We go once in a while. We still will.