“Great and interesting beer, friendly and knowledgable staff, amazing Cubano sandwich”
Review of Breakside Brewery

Breakside Brewery
Ranked #80 of 4,402 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 July 2016

Casual vibe, the entire place is open to the air with several garage style roll-up doors. Not huge, but plenty of seating indoor and out when I showed up. Inside is high bar table seating, outside is low picnic table style seating.

I couldn't decide between the pulled pork sandwich and the Cubano. Waitress said both were excellent and I went with the Cubano. What an amazing sandwich, possibly because it's in the traditional style, and then pulled pork is added on top.

I like the hoppier beers, like Pale Ale or IPA. I tried the flagship and the Wanderlust. Both really good. I got into a conversation with the bartender and a local about the craft brew scene in Portland, and soon I had tasters of a couple other beers. The one that really stood out is Plutarch, which is a tap-only special version of Oligarch, their whiskey barrel aged porter. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Really good IPA's and very tasty sandwiches. We'd had their beer before so we knew it was good, but the food was great also. We were flying out the next day and were happy to find this so near our airport hotel. What a wonderful way to start our trip! Look forward to visiting the next time we come through. Not a very large space, so if you don't want to wait, get there early.

Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

We loved Breakside Brewery. The food is super fresh - the nachos and macaroni and cheese were amazing. The beers are super (try the rainbows and unicorns). Great spot!

Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

The signature burger and a stout really hit the spot. Wish I had time to try more of the beers! The end...................

Reviewed 17 May 2016

I was traveling with a friend and we told our server we were traveling and tasting beers. Not only did she give us great suggestions, she even drew us a map, AND based that map on places we withing walking distance of one another. Her name is Elliott, by the way and she is awesome. It's been almost a year since I went to Breakside and I still remember this awesome place and server. Give her a raise!!!