“Great place to stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Back Gate Backyard patio set
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Back Gate
Backyard patio set
Large private bathroom
Large private bathroom with plenty of mirrors and storage.
Large private bathroom with soaps, shampoo and conditioner. Plus a hair dryer and magnified mirror.
Kitchen drawer contents
Games and books
Kitchen cabinet contents
Cable TV
Livingroom
Livingroom
Kitchenette
View of bedroom from livingroom
Bedroom built-in closet

Seattle, Washington
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

When travelling to Portland, I usually stay in a hotel. This was so much better. We stayed in the basement which was dark but had everything we needed, including a very nice bathroom. Thoughtful little details made for a very nice stay. My son really loved the hot tub and I enjoyed the beautiful yard and neighborhood. Restaurants 1 block away, easy access to downtown Portland. Highly recommended. Thanks, Rose!

Travelling group: Teenagers
marycathe...
tacoma
“So beyond excellent”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

I honestly did not know what to expect, as I had never stayed in someone's home. Warm, cozy, comfortable and extremely clean.
The area, Sellwood, is perfect for wandering about....great shops and restaurants. And dear Rose, the owner of the home, provides a list of places to go and things to do. Also, a bit of history concerning Portland.
But, enough of that. Rose has done a wonderful job of providing the perfect place to stay. She was out of town, but we communicated. The location is great for easy access into downtown Portland. I would recommend this little slice of heaven to both people I know, and strangers alike.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything was the best
Liked least: not a thing
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway People with disabilities
26 Nov 2013
Thank you Mary Catherine for your kind words. I am thrilled that you had such a positive experience. That is what I strive for with all my guests. Since we talked after your departure, I know that I will get to see you again next time you are in town.
Warmest regards
Rose
kamflorid...
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Beautiful & Quaint”
Reviewed 4 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

Rose is the best! And little Suzie Q her pup is the sweetest. The house is quaint and well located-Sellwood area is fantastic-great restaurants and bars within walking distance. If you are larger or taller, i'd suggest renting the upper floor of the house as the basement guest sweet has lower ceilings. Would be perfect for someone traveling alone as bed is against the wall and have to get the other person up if you need to use the restroom in the middle of the night. Well equipped with fridge, microwave and any necessities you'd need for a visit. Gorgeous back-yard area with hot tub. LOVED the fact she has a washer/dryer set-up readily available for your use-was extremely helpful. Greeted late at night by cookies, milk and local berries. Would definitely stay with her again-she is a wonderful hostess. Parking space on street in front of house in case you have a vehicle. Bathroom is not attached to the bedroom/kitchenette space-it's about 2 feet from door directly next to but do have to be in public hall space downstairs to access. There are a few steps leading down from the door into the area for those that might have trouble with stairs.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Sellwood location was fantastic, quaint home, convenient
Liked least: Low ceilings, bathroom not attached
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Reading_t...
READING
“Very enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

Rose's suite is a very nicely appointed, conveniently located residence in the pleasant area of Sellwood. Close to restaurants, grocery stores, bike paths, and shops. The hot tub was an extra treat, as was the dish of blackberries with cream that she provided on our first day. Had only two problems: Rose hadn't changed the key code so we couldn't get in when we arrived. Fortunately the cleaning lady was there to let us in or we'd have waited outside somewhere for an hour until Rosé arrived. And there's a low ceiling between the living area and the bed area that my husband smacked his head on several times. (He's 5'11"). Rose was the great hostess others have mentioned, and we would definitely stay here again if we are in Portland.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location and hot tub
Liked least: Low ceiling
Older travelers
13 Aug 2013
I enjoyed having you two stay in my guest suite. I am sorry for the delay in getting the code set for the door. I was delayed at a furniture store while trying to load a new dining set for the suite into my car. It had to be dismantled and it took more time than I imagined. My cleaning lady is in charge of guests when I am not available so she also acts as my assistant.

Basements ceilings in old houses are not always as high as the main floors. In this case, there is an air return vent in part of the kitchenette that is lower that the rest of the suite's ceiling. I worry about it being a hindrance but I have had guests stay for extended periods who were as tall as 6'5" without incident. My own sons are tall, the youngest being 6'9" and they prefer to stay in the suite when they visit. I suggest that you try staying in the owner's home next time you visit as the ceiling heights there are 9' tall. Additionally, the amenities are greater and the space is almost three times larger.

I look forward to seeing you again.
Regards
Rose
BeachTrav...
Atlantic Beach, Florida
“Great Location - Fantastic Hospitality!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013 for a stay in June 2013

This was our first trip to Portland and Rose was wonderful in helping plan things to do. The accommodations were cozy and wonderful for two people. Nice big beautiful bathroom. The best part was - we were there during berry season and were welcomed to pick all the warm juicy blueberries and raspberries from the backyard as we wanted. The location is in a nice relaxing neighborhood with lots of great restaurants and some shops. LOVED the tea room - nice place to get some work done. Great proximity to downtown - we rented bikes and took the path right there in 20 minutes. Loved Sellwood, Loved the suite, Loved Rose and her sweet little 'ol pup! Highly recommended for a nice laid-back get-away!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location & the
Liked least: Leaving.
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
1 Aug 2013
Thanks so much for your review. I enjoyed having you stay here and I hope that you will return again soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$79
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing