“Can't beat the happy hour nachos”
Review of The Matador

The Matador
Ranked #504 of 4,420 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 29 December 2015

I always enjoy the food here and the service is good too. My favorite time to come is for happy hour to order the Grande Nachos. I don't know of anywhere else where you can get such a huge plate of nachos for five bucks. Excellent deal and can easily feed 2 or more. Even if you can't make it for happy hour this place is worth trying.

Reviewed 23 December 2015

I have been to Matador's now twice. The food is good, I get the fajitas, have tried both the chicken and the shrimp, both are very good, but the shrimp is lighter, and it is a large serving. This is a good meet up location as well, haven't had trouble parking either time, and Burnside is busy.

Reviewed 2 December 2015

We liked the fireplace in the middle of the place with a counter table around it. Nice touch. The food was decent, even the free chips and dip were good. We had the Carne Asada Fajitas, Shrimp and vegetarian Enchiladas and Chorizo Burritos. They all tasted good. The servings are big. I could have shared my order with another person.

Reviewed 9 October 2015

10 of us went here for dinner. Were promptly seated and our waiter was very friendly and attentive. We had a variety of food and drinks and everything was Muy Bueno!

Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

Great food super fast service. Wonderful margaritas. Worth a visit. Food is always great. And the staff are very friendly. Which is hard to find in Portland restaurants.