“Delicious food and drinks”
Review of The Matador

The Matador
Ranked #517 of 4,430 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 3 November 2016

The Matador offers friendly service and tasty eats/drinks with perfect levels of spiciness. We've only gone off peak hours, so I can't speak to the service during busier periods. Would highly recommend the Matador quesadilla, skillet-seared fajitas, and the cucumber-jalapeno margarita.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

We always go to the East Burnside location. We really like their guacamole and that children aren't running around. Their Taco salad is large and very good.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

We arrived here about 3:30 in the afternoon. They seemed to be low on staff as we waited at the door for a bit and they were eight of us waiting. We were seated in the bar but then later one of our party has to show ID to be able to search there. Waitress was extremely slow getting to us. She took our order verbally then one person has questions so I guess she lost her thoughts so we all were asked to reorder as she wrote it down. The beans and salsa were too spicy for some of us

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

The name and decor tempted us. The menu however was disappointing but only because my wife and I are not great fans of Mexican food. What we did have in terms of salads was tasty however.

Reviewed 15 May 2016

I'm giving the restaurant a good rating even though we didn't eat there, because it was not their fault. In fact they were very gracious in refusing service. We were staying at an airport hotel with our two granddaughters ages 9 and 5. They wanted Mexican for dinner so I used the TripAdvisor search tool to find a reasonably close Mexican restaurant that was "suitable for families." I just ran the same search again to make sure, and the Matador again appeared. I read several reviews, all good, and none mentioned an adults only policy. But unfortunately, that was the case. The manager took the time to explain to me all our near by options, and we walked to a little casual Hawaiian place a few doors down that was perfect for us. But clearly its a glitch in the TripAdvisor filter system.

2  Thank rrcruise