“Authentic selections!”

Powell's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #928 of 4,861 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Great authentic selections, reasonable prices, fast service. Our food was excellent and everyone in the party insists that we go back!

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

My family and I have been going here for over 21 years.
The service is quick and friendly. The food is delicious. The atmosphere is fun, and vibrant. Many families have gatherings and celebrations here.
I highly reccomend the salt and pepper calamari, salt and pepper prawns, and dried sauteed string beans. They do these better than any chinese restaurant on the west coast.
They have some amazing crab dishes too. Crab in black bean sauce os my favorite. The crab is fresh from the tank.
Ask them what vegetables are good, and they will reccomend something really good and fresh. Like snow pea leaves in garlic sauce. Or chinese broccoli with oyster sauce.
We usually order half a fried chicken, and is always delicious.
Their beef and house chow fun are great too.
They have the American Chinese standards too. Like General Tso's and Sesame Chicken. All delicious!
I could go on and on.
If you want a affordable, authentic Chinese meal definitely go to Powell Seafood!

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Reliable Cantonese fare coming from a guy from Hong Kong. Of course, there’s always better, but fairly reliable nostalgic taste for Portland. The steamed sea bass was by far the best. And garlic stir fried greens are always good.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We were brought here by a friend. The food was absolutely extrodinary........we had a platter with fried squid and veggies to die for. The place was nicely decorated and the waitstaff attentive.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

We were driving home from a day of cross-country skiing and saw the bright windows and the crowd waiting for a table, so we thought: "Let's try it!" I'm so glad we did: the food was a true cut above what we usually find in Portland --just excellent. We had the eggplant with minced pork and dried fish, the walnut prawns, a really good mapo tofu, and pea shoots were in season so we had an order of sauteed pea shoots as well. I plan to go back again and again, because everything we saw on the tables around us looked just great. And what folks are saying here about the service is true: fast, efficient and so darned *friendly*! I don't know how they pull it all off.

I have a new favorite restaurant in SE. ...and since we live just off "restaurant row" on Division, that's really saying something!

1  Thank Elithecat