“Great Americanized Chinese Food”
Review of Wong's Garden

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wong's Garden
Ranked #1,525 of 4,652 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 16 December 2016

We've eaten at Wong's Garden twice since we've moved to the Portland area. I am sure my foodie son would turn up his nose, but my husband and I have enjoyed almost everything we've ordered so far. The best things on the menu are the soups. I initially balked when I saw won ton soup at $9, but it is served in a large enough bowl for 2-3 and is chock full of pork, pea pods, shrimp, chicken, cabbage, and won tons. The hot and sour soup is also very good. The egg rolls are unusual, with heavy breading and a pulverized filling, but strangely good. My husband has had two of the spicier chicken dishes and I have had chicken sub gum and all have been good. Be warned, the servings are enormous. Two people could be quite happy splitting one soup and one entree.
Although the restaurant is in a strip mall, it is cozy and attractive inside. The service has been excellent. It would be a good place to take children.

Reviewed 24 November 2016

food was cold and not fresh and i will take my business over to taco bell
the staff to out for making profit off of people and been there to long
it time for other people to make money

Reviewed 5 October 2016

I love Chinese food, so I thought I'd give this place a try. It's in a nice area, and is well cared for. I was at the beginning of the rush, and by the time I was done the place was filling up. I ordered Happy Family because I like to try it in different restaurants. Soup was a dollar fifty more, and it was okay. But when they brought out the entree, it was a huge pile of food! The vegetables were fresh and crunchy, and the sauce was quite tasty. It had chicken, beef, shrimp, scallops, and lots of good veggies. It was plenty of food - enough for two people, so I took much of it home for lunch tomorrow. I'm pretty picky about Chinese food, so I rated this average but that's good. I would recommend it. I like a restaurant that plays traditional Chinese music, and this played some sort of rock. Not my favorite. But overall it was good and seemed popular.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

Probably the best Chinese Food I've eaten since moving from California in 2006. Nice atmosphere, employees were very nice and pleasant. The portions of food were large.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

Super friendly staff- good food- reasonable prices.Soups excellent! Also very nice to our service dogs.