“Great Food Amongst Plenty of Company!”

Nicholas' Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 4,813 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: This is the original Nicholas Restaurant location, serving authentic Lebanese food since 1986.
Reviewed 20 October 2016

Had frequented the Gresham location a few years back but this was the first time we visited the original Grand location. Restaurant was very busy but the wait to be seated was not protracted. The restaurant itself, was small and intimate with plenty of diners on this Sunday evening. Good atmosphere albeit a bit hard to hear! As with all our previous visits, the food was front and center: Meat Mezza, Spinach Pie, Shawarma Beef Sandwich, Sambousik, Tambouli (salad and side) - all were good...and the Lebanese beer to wash it all down was surprisingly tasty! Will be back!

Reviewed 1 October 2016

My daughter is a vegetarian and chose this place for her birthday dinner and we loved it. Lots of veg choices but lots of meat choices also. Everything is fresh and it tastes wonderful, we can't wait to go back and try some other things. The first thing you get is a fresh hot plate of pita with a nice dipping sauce. They have some interesting drink choices too. There were four of us in the party and we all had something different and everybody loved what they had. You probably could have a great meal on just the appetizers but you would be shortchanging yourself if you did.
The place is small, cramped and nothing fancy, it certainly doesn't look too special from the sidewalk but don't let that stop you this place is all about the food. The servers are friendly and helpful with suggestions and explanations about the different dishes. The prices are very reasonable and unless you are starving you will be taking some home with you.
We will be going back soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

I attended a convention at the Convention Center and did not want to have lunch there. Took a walk, and about three blocks away walked past this restaurant that was jammed with locals, but saw two tables getting cleaned for the next guests. It is not fancy. Food is outstanding. First of all, a freshly baked enormous puffy pita bread was delivered and put on a stand up pedestal. Delicious! Enough for at least four people. I ordered a chicken skewer over a kale salad and was able to substitute hummus for Taziki. Also had iced tea. Service was quick. Friendly staff and big menu. When I left, people were waiting to get in and some were eating outdoors--beautiful weather that day. Take out, too.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

I had some delicious saffron rice and chicken with a yummy salad. The whole meal was really good and plentiful. I left there happy and stuffed. It was my first time there. I can't wait to return!

Reviewed 9 September 2016

This place is really good. They make their own bread and it was delicious. I got lamb kebabs and they were juicy and the saffron rice was very good. Very friendly servers.

Been to Nicholas' Restaurant? Share your experiences!