“love the decor, food and service”
Review of Byways Cafe

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Pearl
Reviewed 28 February 2017

After seeing this place on TV, we had to try it. the vintage décor was a constant conversation piece, the service was incredibly friendly, and the food was that kind of diner experience that we were craving. Between the 4 of us we had Mt Rushmore Hash, the three day weekend and the long long trailer. Everyone went home full and happy. Even though we had to stand outside for a half hour in the rain on a Sunday waiting for a table, they gave us umbrellas to use!!!

Reviewed 19 February 2017

The food at Byways is like from the old American Breakfast Diner. They even have license plate memorabilia on the walls of the various states and even old movie posters. They have some interesting types of pancakes such as blue corn pancakes (very filling) and they has a lot of pancake specials offering different flavors. The French Toast is good but they give you way to much because the pieces are so huge. The egg dishes are good and the place is always packed so sometimes there is a bit of a wait. I think the lines attest to the food quality and the service is good. A very nice place to have breakfast in the Pearl District.

1  Thank Milestogo007
Reviewed 18 February 2017

good breakfast. parking is a bit of a pain and the tables are a bit cramped, but the food is very good with great menu selections. a nice local option in the pearl district.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

I was in town visiting and my daughter steered me here. The decor is vintage and there are so many interesting things to look at, the staff was very friendly and welcoming, and the food was divine! I had the Multnomah melt and it was excellent! Enough for two meals for me! They even had a nice selection of teas. I was there on a rainy weekday and enjoyed myself immensely, from looking at the decor to listening to the vintage music, and appreciating the personable staff. Will definitely return!

1  Thank TXswimmer
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

My friend introduced me to this place and I was impressed! I had a scramble with potatoes and it was so flavorful and delicious!
The service was amazing!
I cannot say anything bad about my experiene.
I see now why it is a local favorite and was fetured on one of the Food Networks shows.

Give it a try if you are ever in Portland, OR