“Authentic Peruvian Cuisine”

Ranked #9 of 4,145 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: RM 99 - RM 377
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Pearl
Cross street: 13th
Transit: Portland Streetcar: 10th/Glisan (Northbound to NW 23rd) and 11th/Glisan (Southbound to PSU)
Description: Andina draws inspiration from the native culinary traditions of Peru, as well as from the contemporary cooking by some of Peru’s leading chefs. Owner Doris Rodriguez de Platt, collaborates with Andina’s kitchen team to develop a menu that celebrates her family’s Andean roots, interweaving the ideas and techniques of both Criollo and modern Peruvian cooking. Founded in 2003, Andina has emerged as one of the region’s leading Peruvian restaurants and continues to generate wide appeal within the food communities in and around Portland, and much further afield.
Reviewed 31 January 2024

I hadn't been to Andina for a long time, and the menu has changed since I was there. Having lived in Peru during my diplomatic service career I fell in love with Peruvian cuisine. Having Andina in the Pearl District is a wonderful thing for that true Peru taste in food and drink. Although a bit pricey the food is wonderful and very authentic. My wife and I each had the ceviche mixto as an appetizer. I had lomo saltado for an entree and she had the gnocchi as hers. We topped it off with the strawberry sorbet. Oh, I forgot the carpirinhas as our cocktail. It's not a place to go for cheap food, and a budget item is probably a good idea, but once there you will want to return as soon as the budget allows.

Date of visit: January 2024

Reviewed 16 January 2024

Peruvian cuisine was new to my palate and I appreciated that the surprise travel agency I booked with made a reservation for me here.

However, I didn't receive a warm welcome at all and was treated like a lower class citizen who didn't belong at this pretentious establishment.

Fortunately, after I was shuttled off and seated at the bar, David (bartender/server) took great care of me, explaining the menu and describing some the dishes to me. The arroz con mariscos (Peruvian rice, shrimp, clams, scallops, mussels, calamari, fresh peas, peppers, pecorino) was delicious and very filling; large serving.

Date of visit: October 2023
Reviewed 23 December 2023

Bustling lively atmosphere was surpassed only by the food. Had not been here since before covid sham, so glad it's still thriving.

Date of visit: November 2023
1  Thank Brent M
Reviewed 27 September 2023

The level bland, tasteless food, the amount of it & how everything, including the desert were crap. I mean, who even messes up a desert? The pionono was dry & just tasted of sugar. Rubbish.
The mains, the chicken "with BBQ sauce" has bland by restaurant chicken standards, the gnocchi was pointless.
The starters were insipid, plain & beige.
When we complained we were given 2 $5 cookies (which weren't that bad), for a $200+ meal. The cocktails were good, but the terrible & hostile service knocks this down to a 1 star.
There are so many amazing places for food in Portland, do not waste your money & time here. Overrated to the extreme.

Date of visit: September 2023
1  Thank nick f
Reviewed 24 September 2023

Unfortunately every dish has a problem.The cauliflower "salad" had huge chunks of very undercooked cauliflower which was incredibly hard to eat.The fish-- steelhead was definitely "old" and very "fishy" and overcooked.The gnocchi were inedible with huge overcooked chunks one could not even cut with a sharp knife. The desserts were good-- brownies and cookies. The drinks were exceptional. I wish I had more positive things to say. I hate to write "bad" reviews but people also need honest feedback.

Date of visit: September 2023