“Delicious”

Chez Jose Mexican Cafe
Ranked #395 of 4,630 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Neighborhood restaurant specializing in Tex-Mex cuisine, both traditional and unique. Family-friendly, full bar, wheelchair accessible, able to accommodate large parties (will take reservations for tables of 6 or more).
Reviewed 22 August 2016

The food here is delicious and affordable. My favorite is the shredded beef chimichanga plate with rice and beans. Yummy!

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

I've been a couple times with family. The prices, portion sizes, and value for money are all very good.
This most recent visit I strayed from my normal chicken dishes and got a large plate of pork enchiladas. They were marvelous.

The service was good but our server was not the kindest to our party - perhaps because she was guaranteed an 18% tip on our party of more than six.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Six of us all ordered different dinners. We taste tested each other's meals. We all agreed everything was good.
There were four different flavors of margaritas between us, all were blended. They too were very good, believe me they are not watered down. I only had one.
Overall nice atmosphere, great service, good food and drinks. Best of all adorable.

Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

We've been coming to Chez Jose since it opened. We started going at their original location on NE Broadway. We've eaten almost every offering on the menu and it's all very good. It's not your typical Mexican restaurant in which everything is slathered in cheese and swimming in refried beans. The food is fresh and healthy. They have a great vegetarian menu, especially my favorite, the artichoke heart tamale. It's a must visit if you're visiting Portland.

Reviewed 26 March 2016

My family ordered the artichoke heart tamales and liked them. My food was fine too. We stopped by after a tour of Lewis and Clark and will be back.