“Loved it and so will you.”

Southeast Wine Collective
Ranked #601 of 4,609 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Description: A Southeast Portland community urban winery, wine bar, & event space serving handcrafted food, curated wine flights, & glasses & bottles made in Portland & afar, to share and take home.
Reviewed 2 November 2015

A friend and I stopped in here late on a Saturday afternoon for a tasting. Before I even looked at the menu I saw a separate menu that had a "bubbly tasting" for $15. My friend and I both ordered that. Then since it was happy hour, we also ordered two appetizer plates, the cucumber, feta and some sort of bean dip and a sort of pork rillette platter with a bit of mustard, pickled peppers, onions and pickles on the side, with mini crostinis. Cute and well presented and plenty of food to snack on. Each plate was $5 on the happy hour menu, but the other food on the menu looked really nice and I'll definitely be back to try something different. They were pouring very different wines and things I've never heard of which was exciting for the wine snobs out there that want to try new things when they go out! They were also pouring SoloUva from Franciacorta, Italy- awesome! Our server was very nice answering our (my) random questions from time to time and was able to explain everything and was very nice about it. Someone that knows what they are pouring is huge points! (It doesn't always happen these days)
There was a French wine that I'd never heard of and I asked our servers opinion on it. I went for a glass of that- first thought was it was flat and seemed watered down in a way. VERY different then any white wine I had. I still kept thinking it was flat haha, but a few more sips in and it had me. I wish I remembered the name. You can tell they have some great people doing the selections and research for their menu. I was very impressed. They have local wines and lots of foreign wines, a great mix of both!
The space itself is quite small and intimate, not a place for groups in my opinion. Four people or so to some tables, seats at the bar and a couple of tables outside. The design is very beautiful and the wine along the main wall was well displayed and unique, it's really an eye catcher. I'll recommend friends here and definitely be back in the near future myself.
I'd say the only "con" was the last wine on our wine tasting. My friend and I agreed that it was a "sad" way to end the tasting because the wine was quite boring itself- but that's an opinion and I have a boyfriend that loves a good Lambrusco. But this wasn't full of much flavor, I've had much better in the past. That's the only thing I've got to say! Can't wait to be back to explore more unique wines and to learn more! Maybe they even host classes? I'd love that!

1  Thank kebnertravel

Reviewed 8 October 2015

Wonderful atmosphere, cool vibe. Delicious apps and the wine flight was amazing. Server was helpful and full of knowledge. Excellent play list going on in the background.

1  Thank maruruss99
Reviewed 6 July 2015

My 2nd visit was even better than my 1st - Because, I was able to try some of their food and was NOT DISAPPOINTED !!!
Service is fun, knowledgeable and they can "sell it". We sat outside in Andirondack Rockers under umbrellas. Server was GREAT! Wine choices he made for me, a Chardonnay and a Rose were spot on. We had the Deviled Egg Flight - 3 eggs - 1 with Salmon Eggs; 1 with a Chili Pepper and one with homemade Bacon. Fluffy and plentiful and scrumptious. Next up, the Meze Platter which was both colorful, flavorful, nice combination of vege's and breads and spreads. Outstanding Lentil spread and the best Tzki (sp?) Greek Yogurt I have ever had. Plenty of bread crisps and soft bread to last the whole platter. Vegs were crisp, fresh and organic. Completely worked w/all the spreads. Prosuitto Stuffed dates with Bleu Cheese and Hazel Nuts left us both speechless and we have since made these to take to parties. All food presentation was very well put together, plentiful and reasonably priced. My partner had 2 craft beers which he also loved. Nice they carry a couple local beers on tap for those that prefer beer over wine. I can't speak highly enough about this little neighborhood gem.

1  Thank Marla B
Reviewed 2 July 2015

This place was awesome, the service was stellar the wines were fabulous and the small bites are not small! You are on Division Street you should make a put stop for sure.

1  Thank hondahero77
Reviewed 19 June 2015

Dropped by here expecting it to only be a collection of small wineries' tasting room. It's kind of different from that. They have a wine bar with an incredible bar manager, Luke, who knows all the wines they represent. You can get a flight of four tastes from various wineries for as little as $10 during happy hour. Just let Luke know what u like and he's on it! We sat outside and the service was great! We were thrilled to see that also have small plates...and they are terrific! We had the lamb meatballs (oh sooo good) and a spicy beef lettuce wrap dish that is nothing like lettuce wraps u have ever had. Each dish was plentiful for two and so inexpensive.

1  Thank PhoenixNancy