“2.75”
Review of Best Buffet

Best Buffet
Ranked #3,196 of 4,652 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 10 December 2015

Treated The family and myself to a night together and we all were starving so I suggested a buffet, got to love a buffet and all the Pickens. We have 2 in the area 1 Chinese and the other American, we went to the American and from the door in, I knew that my expectations were higher than what I was going to get, the food was displayed reasonably well the restaurant didn't appear dirty but didn't have that fresh and clean smell or look as far as just walking in nothing grabbed my attention as a critic and that's what I look for is something that says welcome come in eat feel at home I felt like more of a cow being directed through a gateway to slaughter, Food was ok, presentation 2-3 service is where they shined this made up the bulk of my score. I haven't been back there in years and now I remember why. Its a place to get lots of food if your hungry, just about it though.

Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

I hope the amount of reviews and my standing with Trip Advisor helps people realize how serious I am about this review. This restaurant needs to be shut down IMMEDIATELY! It was only because they had us pay right when we walked in that they received a penny from me. I should have gone and looked at the food first because if I had, we would've never had the torturous time we just sat through. I should've asked for my money back but my kids were starving. Bad choice mama! The most disgusting Chinese options, and every one tasted worse than a Chinese TV dinner. Actually, I have had better General Tso & Orange Chicken from a frozen box dinner. Most of the items only had a couple pieces left. The ones that had food in them were mushy, over cooked and tasted like it came from a can. I am literally writing this trying not to throw up 20 minutes later. My 12 year old who eats anything and lots of it, ate only a few bites and now is complaining of a stomach ache.

One of my pictures shows what was supposed to be Teriyaki Chicken. The screen opened up behind the food cart and a lady poured in some chunks of white things. Looking closer it was dry cabbage. She poured the sauce on top that was left over from the last batch. No chicken just dry chunky cabbage pieces and some dark sauce. I tried a piece of General Tso and spit it out because it was not something I would even give my dog.

There is absolutely no standard of cleanliness. The floors stink, are coated in stains and looks like it hasn't been vacuumed in a year. The health department needs to be notified ASAP! Nothing was cleaned around the food prep area.

It wasn't that busy. We were there between 6-7:15pm on a Saturday.
If you are looking for a good buffet try Super Kings Buffet down the street on 82nd. High Class & standards. But because of the price point some people won't. BELIEVE ME IT IS WORTH EVERY CENT! Save your hard earned dollars and go eat dog food, it will taste better than Best Buffet. Don't feed this to your children, or yourself

Reviewed 30 August 2014

We have been here before, many times. But todays visit is our last. There were too many canned items served...canned fruit, pudding, store bought cake and salads...much like a homeless shelter. This is not just a chinese buffet, which is what we were hungry for, and the chinese food is below standard. The crab ragoon was very good, and the fried fish was very good. The price is fair, but this place needs a new cook.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

We always love buffet style restaurant and this place is great for chinese cuisine...The place is kind of" tight" in space because it became so popular with great taste of food and the right price around the area that people choose this place to eat...For avid shoppers, this place is located within a small shopping mall so you can shake it up after a "heavy" meal and maybe come back later for the next meal..(-:

4  Thank anaklakay
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Food was cold, bad, filthy and for a buffet there was only a few dishes available, the salad bar was closed unless you like beans and potato salad only. Don't waste your money!

1  Thank kabezon