“The Nachos!”

Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 4,400 Restaurants in Portland
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 2nd Street
Transit: Max Blue and Red Lines
Reviewed 7 April 2016

This was the first place I had drinks when I got to Portland. At first I thought the menu was typical bar food, but it was amazing bar food. My husband loved his fish tacos and the nachos were maybe the biggest order of nachos I've ever seen. They were delicious too. And of course the beer was great too.

Reviewed 21 March 2016

We discivered Rock Bottom on St. Pat's day and had a blast! After finding two seats at the bar very close to a great band, we enjoyed several of their brews. They have six, plus four seasonal brews. It was late, but the kitchen was still open. Bruce had the corned beef and cabbage special and thought it was the best he had ever had. I wasn't so lucky and ordered the house special Mac and cheese with chicken - it was below average. But I didn't care - the brew and music was great!

There is a separate seating area away from the bar perfect for families and those wanting to not be part of the action,

Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

I kind of have an obsession since I have discovered plain ol rootbeer on tap. I can never drink Barq's again! And this place doesn't disappoint the root beer area. Super yummy, creamy and sweet. Got it in a growler as well for a total of $10. It ALMOST tops the mac n' chicken that they have on the menu for 13.99. Delicious. Will for sure be back! :)

Reviewed 2 March 2016

a group of us came here for late night drinks and food (around 12:30 AM on a friday night for their happy hour). Never in my life have I been to a bar on a friday night and they are running their happy hour specials. All micro beers were $3 (usually $5) and they had a bunch of apps for cheap too. The food here looked very generic/franchise style, nothing to write home about. Next time I go I am going to get their beer flight for $6!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

I visited this place because I was thinking it was a local brewery with a restaurant. The bartender informed me it is a chain based in Colorado. Their IPA is good, but not the type I like. However, the bartender was really friendly. Maybe I will try the food sometime. It was just a little disappointing from what I was expecting. And the best part was the drunk girl at the end of the bar who fell asleep and a cop had to escort her.