“Lovely little cafe'”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I had the butternut squash ravioli with hazelnuts, browned butter and feta and the spinach salad; it was very well done and the portion size was perfect. The flour-less chocolate cake to end the meal was a winner.

LSkogland, Owner at Milo's City Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you very much. We're glad that you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I met a friend for lunch. The egg benedicts I saw (breakfast served all day) looked great. I had the pasta with bolognese sauce. The ragu was wonderful! Our waitress was fun and professional.
Lots of locals there for lunch. Great menu options.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We're long-time fans of Milo's but have been away for a while. On the two visits we've made since our return, it seems that service is not as attentive and low-key as it used to be.

On our first visit back, the server seemed more involved in chit-chatting with other staff than in serving us promptly. One of the advantages of Milo's open kitchen is that you can see the staff at work - or not. While I was waiting for my glass of wine, the server was gabbing away about this and that with other staff. Finally he woke up and brought me my wine, but the delay was unreasonable. He apologized, but honestly it isn't something that should be happening in the first place.

Last night we had a server I hadn't seen before. Usually, the wait staff at Milo's has a laid back (but attentive) approach to their work, but last night's server was the complete opposite. In my opinion, he was in a noticeable rush, going this way and that between tables and the kitchen. In his rush, he set someone else's teapot in front of me and there was a confused exchange when I explained I hadn't ordered tea. But for all the rushing about and the energetic delivery, my husband was looking longingly at his unattended martini growing warm on the service counter when I returned to the table after a not-insignificant absence.

The food was excellent, as always! We'll assume the past two visits were a blip and will keep coming back.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We found this place 5 years ago, and thankfully it is still there. In fact we happened to be there on it’s 19th anniversary! They offer a nice range of food for breakfast and dinner. All of the staff are friendly and knowledgeable. Will definitely return if we're in the area again.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Nice breakfast place in an interesting neighborhood, historic Irvington. Omelet available with egg white or egg beaters if you are watching your eating. Very affordable.