“An Oregon Icon”

Ranked #55 of 4,404 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Northwest favorite since 1960. Our 25 locally owned Elmer's Restaurants take pride in their communities and source local, farm-fresh ingredients.
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Recommended by the Hotel. They claim to have heard lots of positive feedback. I found the staff friendly and help full. They restaurant is very family friendly. I started with a cup of Ivars clam chowder. For my main I had the chicken fried steak with Yukon mashed potatoes and carrots. Too full for dessert.

1  Thank Jeffrey M
Kolten L, Guest Relations Manager at Elmer's Restaurant - Parkrose, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Afternoon Jeffrey,

We truly thank you for your feedback and are glad to see you enjoyed your visit to Elmer’s. We love hearing from our Guests and we send each review directly to the restaurant management to be seen. Hope to see you again soon!

Kolten Lindsey
Online Media Manager
Elmer's Restaurants, Inc.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I grew up in Portland and truly enjoyed Elmer's on 82nd, but it is long gone. However, we now frequent this location whenever visiting. The German Pancake is delicious as are any breakfast entree. The French Dip is another winner. Best of all is the terrific service and kindness towards my elderly mother. She has wonderful memories of Elmer and of his restaurants.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

First things first, breakfast was good. I had chicken fried steak and eggs. It was good. The coffee was hot and my server even made me a cup to go. The restaurant itself kinda reminded me of Dennys, and wasn't the cleanest (there was evidence of children's drawings everywhere), but for a weary traveler; it was just right.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

I'm not sure I'd go for dinne but their brunch was great. We liked the german pancake for dessert. Service was friendly and fast.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

This place was convenient to hotel and we ate there several times. Good was good, only complaint vegetables were the same every time we ate there.