“great atmosphere - classic rum, feels like being in the caribbean”
Review of Rum Club

Rum Club
Ranked #1,034 of 4,385 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Bar Scene
Good for: Bar Scene
Reviewed 13 July 2017

great rum drinks - fantastic selection, and the bartenders know what they're doing. great atmosphere on a weekend night.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Great place with cool atmosphere. I came with a few friends and their cocktail are really good. I am currently drinking the flamingo kid and I really like it.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

When you look up the Rum Club online, the lights are bright, and there's a smiling bar tender behind the bar...When I actually walked in to the Rum Club the lights were almost off, mainly lit by red LED type christmas looking lights along the bar. This combined with the fact that it's in an industrial type neighborhood is probably why I got a grungy vibe, not because it didn't look nice or clean. The woman bar tender - how can I say this - continued to give me a grungy feel. I made a joke about my I.D. - not even a smile. When I asked if she enjoyed making the drinks or drinking the drinks more, she answered that she thought mixology is dorky and that she doesn't drink... So I'm supposed to take a non drinking bartender who doesn't like mixing drinks seriously? That's like a Dr. telling me he's pretty sure my operation isn't going to be succesful before giving me anesthesia. We managed to have some neutral conversation, but this girl definitely though the more depressed and negative she was, the cooler she was, like answering me "I only go to sh**ty dive bars" when I asked her where she hangs out...OK princess of darkness. The drinks themselves were awesome, the 90s alternative rock music was great, I'd definitely return after hitting up the other great craft cocktail bars Portland has to offer.

Reviewed 26 November 2015

Had the ocassion to try the Rum Club tonight with some friends. The special rum drink was the 'Preakness' which was a lovely concoction made of rye, vermouth, benedictine and bitters. I ordered that and boy-o-boy was it LOVELY! Rather like a a more intense and flavorful Manhattan. If you try one, be prepared to sip it for a couple of hours as it packs quite a punch! The snack mix is an ungraded Chex mix and really nice. Service was really friendly, unobtrusive and timely. Music was a bit loud. A definite second,third, fourth trip are in the offing to the Rum Club.

Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

Our 60 year old selves felt 30 years younger here! Great cocktail selection! Tried some knew types of rum we didn't know existed - all great! Service was attentive & enjoyed the outdoor tables...

Been to Rum Club? Share your experiences!