“Vegan Mexican!”
Review of El Nutri Taco

El Nutri Taco
Ranked #545 of 4,420 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I am not sure how El Nutri Taco came to be. Did they open up an authentic Mexican restaurant, notice the progressive and positive vegetarian spirit of Portland, and then adjust the menu? Or did they plan to offer so many vegan options from the start? Either way, I cannot think of a Mexican restaurant ANYWHERE that caters to vegans so well. If there is something you want - burrito, enchilada, taco, quesadilla - you can get it done vegan. Truly amazing. The portions are massive. They use substitutes such as daiya, and tofutti, so your sour cream and cheese needs are met. They even have a spicy vegan chorizo substitute. And the flavours are truly authentic, as are the people making it. Frankly, I could be in Mexico and not do as well. Carnivores will find their usual fare, too. The service is exemplary, even for a mostly take-out place. Could the decor use a bit of a make-over? Sure. Does it change anything about how good the place is? No. Another great reason to visit Alberta Street or Portland. Get to El Nutri Taco and satiate all your Mexican food needs.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Stopped in here on a whim after everyone got overwhelmed with heat. So glad that we did. Being a vegetarian family, Mexican can be a really tough cuisine. There is usually chicken broth in the rice, lard in the beans, food cooked in or next to meat.
El Nutri Taco, however, had a ton of options for vegan and vegetarian. Almost everything could be prepared with tofu or tempeh, without cheese or with vegan cheese, and with corn tortillas (for gluten free). We ended up ordering a wide variety of foods and were exceedingly impressed with the flavors and quality of all of them. As a quick stop in with a ton of great-tasting options, I couldn't be happier with this place!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My mom and I stopped here for a quick dinner while visiting Portland, and it was one of the best meals of the trip. We went before the dinner crowd showed up so I was wondering if it was popular, but I quickly realized that we just beat the crowd because the food was AMAZING. Super authentic, super fresh and fairly priced! I had vegetarian tacos that had this chipotle tempeh that was unlike anything I've ever had.... worth the trip from FL to return:)

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Went on a weds evening. Very hipster area with lots of hipster related activities occurring. Too cool for me so I took in some taco action. Very tasty tacos, really liked the avocado salsa. Service was very fast and friendly.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Got the tempeh chipotle burrito. The taste was authentic and flavorful. Great vegan options as well as delicious free sauces. If you are a meat eater they have options too! Must try

Been to El Nutri Taco? Share your experiences!