“Went for a walk”

and up
'Portlandia' Tour of Portland
Ranked #14 of 411 things to do in Portland
Reviewed 23 September 2017

I wandered the length of the park while walking a 4 mile route through the neighborhoods. It's about 9 blocks long and there are several trail options, some of which intersect. Very quiet neighborhood area with dog walkers and bikers.

All reviews
"jog"
in 7 reviews
"homes"

Reviewed 21 September 2017

This lovely park is in my neighborhood and I love walking around it for exercise and to enjoy. There are many different trees (including redwoods!) that have been here for years. There are leash-free areas for dogs, fountains, duck pond and lots of walkways and picnic areas. On the other side of the street are playgrounds, basketball and tennis areas. I visit here frequently and always enjoy my time here.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I have always loved going to Laurelhurst Park and I think it is beautiful. The play area for the children is very nice as it is big and spread out with lots of room to run and play. I love the duck pond and on this visit the water was an interesting turquoise color which I assume was a chemical as the water was crystal clear. The walking paths are nice and the trees in the park are beautiful.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

As San Francisco people, we love our parks and we love the outdoors. As other reviewers have said, Laurelhurst Park was a beautiful oasis in the heart of Portland and it was so great to get some fresh air once the sun came out during our weekend vacation visiting the city. We grabbed a sandwich at a local bakery and enjoyed sitting on a bench soaking in the sun. It was really an enjoyable experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 July 2017

The park seems larger than it is, through having multiple trails so you can loop the lake at many different levels, and not really see the other paths till you reach a juncture. We found it very like the vibe in the city parks of San Francisco ... bubbles blowing, people dancing with ribbons, dog joggers, children playing tag, tai chi... sweet hippies hanging out in the field, being happy. There are charming signs made by tiny children advising proper respect for the ducks. On weekdays it's apparently quieter, more dog jogging and strollers, but fewer people overall. The lake is calm. There's always someplace to be alone and someplace to be social.

Been to Laurelhurst Park? Share your experiences!