“Great place for a walk in the city”
Review of Laurelhurst Park

and up
'Portlandia' Tour of Portland
Ranked #19 of 461 things to do in Portland
Reviewed 3 November 2017

I grew up in this area and the park is still as inviting as it was 30 years ago. It is always a joy to go for a walk in such a well kept park in the heart of the city. During the day the pond an walking paths are usually full of people enjoying the park. A very family friendly atmosphere.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"turtles"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I wouldn't go out of my way to visit but we were in the neighbourhood and this is a nice park for a walk, a jog, or to sit reading a book under the trees. It's a nice park with some beautiful trees.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I wandered the length of the park while walking a 4 mile route through the neighborhoods. It's about 9 blocks long and there are several trail options, some of which intersect. Very quiet neighborhood area with dog walkers and bikers.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

This lovely park is in my neighborhood and I love walking around it for exercise and to enjoy. There are many different trees (including redwoods!) that have been here for years. There are leash-free areas for dogs, fountains, duck pond and lots of walkways and picnic areas. On the other side of the street are playgrounds, basketball and tennis areas. I visit here frequently and always enjoy my time here.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I have always loved going to Laurelhurst Park and I think it is beautiful. The play area for the children is very nice as it is big and spread out with lots of room to run and play. I love the duck pond and on this visit the water was an interesting turquoise color which I assume was a chemical as the water was crystal clear. The walking paths are nice and the trees in the park are beautiful.

Been to Laurelhurst Park? Share your experiences!