“Great place for a walk in the city”
Review of Laurelhurst Park

Laurelhurst Park
Ranked #20 of 414 things to do in Portland
Reviewed 3 November 2017

I grew up in this area and the park is still as inviting as it was 30 years ago. It is always a joy to go for a walk in such a well kept park in the heart of the city. During the day the pond an walking paths are usually full of people enjoying the park. A very family friendly atmosphere.

Date of experience: November 2017
"redwoods"
"benches"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I wouldn't go out of my way to visit but we were in the neighbourhood and this is a nice park for a walk, a jog, or to sit reading a book under the trees. It's a nice park with some beautiful trees.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 23 September 2017

I wandered the length of the park while walking a 4 mile route through the neighborhoods. It's about 9 blocks long and there are several trail options, some of which intersect. Very quiet neighborhood area with dog walkers and bikers.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 21 September 2017

This lovely park is in my neighborhood and I love walking around it for exercise and to enjoy. There are many different trees (including redwoods!) that have been here for years. There are leash-free areas for dogs, fountains, duck pond and lots of walkways and picnic areas. On the other side of the street are playgrounds, basketball and tennis areas. I visit here frequently and always enjoy my time here.

Date of experience: August 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I have always loved going to Laurelhurst Park and I think it is beautiful. The play area for the children is very nice as it is big and spread out with lots of room to run and play. I love the duck pond and on this visit the water was an interesting turquoise color which I assume was a chemical as the water was crystal clear. The walking paths are nice and the trees in the park are beautiful.

Date of experience: July 2017

Been to Laurelhurst Park? Share your experiences!