“Not impressed”
Review of Le Pigeon

Le Pigeon
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Pigeon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 4,630 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$21 - US$100
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 8th Avenue
Transit: #12 and #20 buses.
Reviewed 18 October 2016

We went here based on all the reviews I had read about it on TA. I was not impressed at all. First of all, the place is so tiny - it only seats about 30 people, including the bar. Some of the tables are communal which we knew going in. I thought the menu was fairly limited so we opted to do the 5-course tasting menu with wine-pairings. My mistake but we failed to ask what the tasting menu consisted of - I just assumed the chef chose 5 different things that were not on the menu. Wrong! It was 5 things on the menu, just his choice. Well, I would never have done that had I known because there was only 1 entrée I would have even considered ordering. Unfortunately, that was not one of his selections; therefore, I ended up with courses I did not like at all. For example, I detest Salmon and that was one of the items. In hindsight, I should have just ordered the one entrée I thought I would like, and my experience might have been different. I just advise you to ask if you consider the tasting menu. I have been to many, many 5 star restaurants all over the world and this just didn't compare for me.

1  Thank lindawR301KA

Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

One of my best dining experiences in recent memory. The tasting menu combined with wine pairings was new and just about perfect. It is a small and joyful restaurant with a chefs bar that gives a perfect view of the imaginative preparation. Definitely worth my long journey. I will be back.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Bustling atmosphere with family style tables. Food is absolutely delicious. Great wine list. Knowledgeable wait staff. Make a reservation well in advance.

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

We had one of the best meals we have ever had. We sat at the chefs counter. We loved watching the chefs, they were amazing. The chefs crafted each meal like a piece of art. The food was delicately flavoured and spiced to perfection. There was a sort of comradery at the counter. We all chatted and discussed the food. We had a wonderful evening, thank you.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Fine dining with a twist in a casual atmosphere. My favorite is the Foie Gras Profiteroles with a salted caramel. Best seat is at the bar so you can watch the kitchen performance. LOVE!