“Unique, fun place with great food”

Multnomah Whiskey Library
Ranked #62 of 4,385 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 1 February 2017

Cozy, unusual place to relax or impress friends. The spirits menu is voluminous. But no worries, the staff can make perfect recommendations. There are a lot of non-scotch/whiskey offerings too. Food menu is varied I enjoyed fresh oysters and later cheese with hazelnuts. I recommend making a reservation

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

Great atmosphere, like being in the 1920's. knowledgeable staff. Worth the wait if you have the time

Reviewed 18 January 2017

I felt like I was transported back in time when I walked into the bar. Granted that was about two hours after putting my name in, but it was very much worth the wait. I went on a Saturday night with my husband after we heard great reviews of the place. We put our names in, then grabbed a small bite at a spot around the corner. The good thing about this place is they'll call you when a spot has opened for you - no waiting in line or anything. The bar looks just like an old library - bankers lamps line one of the tables, the mismatched lounge chairs throughout add a cool element. The whiskey list is absurd. The waitress we had was helpful in finding us a great whiskey based on our preferences. Overall very cool vibe and a spot I enjoyed relaxing at all night. If you like whiskey, don't miss this stop while in Portland.

On the negative side - there is an air of arrogance here that can be a bit off-putting. The wait staff, while helpful, also had a sense of "you're not worth my time..." Also, the food was flat out not good. Grabbed some oysters and a salad and both were pretty bad. So I'd say, pass on the food and stick to a liquid diet while at Multnomah - and don't be offended if you feel a little unwelcome!

1  Thank Erin N
Reviewed 11 January 2017

Multnomah Whiskey Library was recommended by a friend and we were glad we tried it. It was very crowded and we couldn't be seated at the library floor, but we got a table at the Green Room which was fine for a few drinks and small dishes. We went up to take a look and the library room was impressive! For whiskey lovers it is a feast for the eyes! Bottles and bottles of whiskey adorn the walls and it was amazing! We enjoyed our drinks and small dishes and next time we will make sure to make reservation. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 5 January 2017

While they have about 1000 bottles of booze and mostly whiskey, they do make some great cocktails. The greenroom downstairs is nice but the upper room, which can have a wait on Thursday-Saturday night, it the draw. they only allow seating and have about 72 seats and so no standing at the bar. Booze is kind of expensive but you are paying for the experience. A couple of nice food options. Go Monday-Wednesday for no waiting.