“Great casual meal”

Salvador Molly's Roadhouse and Tiki Garden
Ranked #2,543 of 4,479 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin
Reviewed 5 January 2015

I had fish tacos--very tasty. Another person had a Hawaiian pork dish, also delic. Our 3rd person had tamales, which were great. All had margaritas. This is a very casual neighborhood place, kind of small. I don't like spicy but that was not a problem with fish tacos. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 9 November 2014

I can't say anything bad about this place. The food was spicy but had a lot of flavor although not a flavor you would expect. Long story short the food was fresh and the service was good, it's just that the flavor was a bit too eclectic for me. If you like hot & spicy and a bit out of the ordinary then this might be your kind of place.

Reviewed 23 October 2014

A friend and I decided to try the "new" restaurant in her SE Portland neighborhood -not knowing what we'd find. Well...we had an eclectic and enjoyable experience. Every element of the evening was "memorable" - from nibbling on the unshelled peanuts on the table to the Korean tacos to the Elvis shrine above our table. It's a great place to people watch, too! Our dinners were very good - and not just "ho hum" entrees. I would recommend it as a place to go for the experience, if nothing else!

Reviewed 14 October 2014 via mobile

Let's say it's leaps and bounds over the old yummy garden. We went on a groupon so it was priced right. We did go on a Sunday and should have just used the happy hour menu because it's happy hour all day Sunday with their hours going from 4-9. We had the calamari appetizer and it was huge. A bit heavy though with a bit too much batter. Two side dips that were tasty but added to the heaviness of the dish. Lighter batter with a lemon or lime wedge would go down better. My wife had the Hawaiian pork dish and it was good. I had the ramen which was well seasoned with just the right amount of spice. There were a lot of employees working and the service was speedy. Just never got the waters refreshed and dinner came out before we were half done with our appetizer. I'm at a bit above average but look forward to trying it out again. Cool out door dining with a fire pit and eclectic setting inside.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

We tried it on a Friday night and it was awesome! Probably the most friendly service we've ever had, the waiter sat down with us and explained the menu and was open for a chat. We nibbled on a bucket of salted peanuts in the shell while checking out the funky decor. Hubby ordered a drink called Pain Killer, wanted it blended. It was reeeeally good! The food didn't take long and was so flavorful we liked (and ate) every last bit! We had one order each of the fish tacos and the bulgogi tacos and shared. They came with yellow rice and black beans in onions & seasonings, neither were Mexican style but were so delicious my husband even finished his, which he never does. And each came with a different little salad as well on the plate. We left stuffed and happy we discovered a new favorite. They have a parking lot and street parking.

2  Thank Oceantoes