“Sit in the Elvis booth”

Salvador Molly's Roadhouse and Tiki Garden
Ranked #1,555 of 4,562 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin
Reviewed 6 January 2015

Fun place, with good food. A ping pong table to entertain, and fun decor. I had the Hawaiian pork (with garlic mashed, greens and slaw) yum; partner had the fish tacos which were very good, too. The Great Balls of Fire are worth trying, the balls are good and the sauce is super hot. Advice: ask for them to be served with your food, so you don't suffer needlessly.

Reviewed 5 January 2015

I had fish tacos--very tasty. Another person had a Hawaiian pork dish, also delic. Our 3rd person had tamales, which were great. All had margaritas. This is a very casual neighborhood place, kind of small. I don't like spicy but that was not a problem with fish tacos. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 9 November 2014

I can't say anything bad about this place. The food was spicy but had a lot of flavor although not a flavor you would expect. Long story short the food was fresh and the service was good, it's just that the flavor was a bit too eclectic for me. If you like hot & spicy and a bit out of the ordinary then this might be your kind of place.

Reviewed 23 October 2014

A friend and I decided to try the "new" restaurant in her SE Portland neighborhood -not knowing what we'd find. Well...we had an eclectic and enjoyable experience. Every element of the evening was "memorable" - from nibbling on the unshelled peanuts on the table to the Korean tacos to the Elvis shrine above our table. It's a great place to people watch, too! Our dinners were very good - and not just "ho hum" entrees. I would recommend it as a place to go for the experience, if nothing else!

Reviewed 14 October 2014 via mobile

Let's say it's leaps and bounds over the old yummy garden. We went on a groupon so it was priced right. We did go on a Sunday and should have just used the happy hour menu because it's happy hour all day Sunday with their hours going from 4-9. We had the calamari appetizer and it was huge. A bit heavy though with a bit too much batter. Two side dips that were tasty but added to the heaviness of the dish. Lighter batter with a lemon or lime wedge would go down better. My wife had the Hawaiian pork dish and it was good. I had the ramen which was well seasoned with just the right amount of spice. There were a lot of employees working and the service was speedy. Just never got the waters refreshed and dinner came out before we were half done with our appetizer. I'm at a bit above average but look forward to trying it out again. Cool out door dining with a fire pit and eclectic setting inside.