“the tamales!”

Salvador Molly's Roadhouse and Tiki Garden
Ranked #2,280 of 4,402 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin
Reviewed 6 October 2015

Okay, first, a confession: I have never eaten at the actual restaurant. For years, my husband and I have enjoyed their tamales at the Saturday Portland Farmer's Market. My husband and I love the cotilla cheese and artichoke with everything—salsa, hot sauce, sour cream. They make our morning, and we have to drive 90 miles to get them. We get through the off-season, but every winter we talk about finding the actual store front. Maybe this year!

Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

Often times when restaurants are eclectic or gimmicky (hot cheese balls or something), the testing the menu is lacking. Not here! We had Ajvar & Labneh appetizer...so good. For dinner we had the Kalua pork (yummy) and Drum Pan (simply amazing. My angry pineapple cocktail was spicy but delicious.

Reviewed 9 February 2015

I have been to the other Salvador Molly's location and can attest to the insanity of the Great Balls of Fire and the Sunshine sauce. It's the sauce that will be your foe if you try to get on the Wall of Flame. So with that being said, I did not find the flavors of the other items on the menu at this location to be especially hot and spicy.

I had the Kalua Mojo Pork and was very pleased. It had a very interesting mix of flavors that would make me order it again. My husband had the nachos and was disappointed -- he regretted ordering them as soon as he tasted my pork.

It was a slow night when we arrived and we almost left due to being ignored for a long while. When a waiter finally noticed us, he took a long time coming back to take our order. Once he remembered we were there, though, things picked up and his service was much more attentive.

This restaurant is a bit out of our way so I'm not sure we will be back very often. The food was fine but it was not special enough and the service was spotty enough that we will likely dine elsewhere first.

Reviewed 6 January 2015

Fun place, with good food. A ping pong table to entertain, and fun decor. I had the Hawaiian pork (with garlic mashed, greens and slaw) yum; partner had the fish tacos which were very good, too. The Great Balls of Fire are worth trying, the balls are good and the sauce is super hot. Advice: ask for them to be served with your food, so you don't suffer needlessly.

Reviewed 5 January 2015

I had fish tacos--very tasty. Another person had a Hawaiian pork dish, also delic. Our 3rd person had tamales, which were great. All had margaritas. This is a very casual neighborhood place, kind of small. I don't like spicy but that was not a problem with fish tacos. Will definitely return.