“Gyro Mecca Along Desolate Barbur Blvd”
Review of Grab a Gyro

Grab a Gyro
Ranked #510 of 4,628 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 19 September 2016

Homemade yummy food! Their lamb gyro is definitely big enough for two people and I recommend adding feta and garlic sauce. My boyfriend had the Greek fries and they were very tasty as well. We took some baklava to go and ate it the following day. It's very buttery and worth trying. The service is very friendly, but can be slow at busy times.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

We've been here 5 times over the last 2 months for lunch and dinner. Great food and great staff.
This is a family run restaurant with the owner on site. No atmosphere to speak of but very clean.
The lamb gyros are large, loaded with lamb and comes with a spicy garlic sauce that is optional. Some of the best I've ever had and I've spent time in Greece.
Wonderful hummus, falafel, samosa and other Greek food.
They have a superb Greek salad that you can get with lamb, loaded with veggies and feta cheese. Big enough for two.
Prices are reasonable everything under $10.
If you like Greek street food you have to go.

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

We LOVE the Hummus at Grab a Gyro! The Lamb gyro is amazing! Almost too big for 1 person to eat, so leftovers are pretty much a given.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

I love this style of food, and have sampled many places. This had some of the best Mediterranean food I have tried. The eggplant dish is perfect.

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

I come here twice a month for a Lamb Gyro and fries. It is excellent. You get a huge gyro overflowing with meat. The gyro is so good that I have never bothered to try anything else on the menu. Love this place!