“Sliced Brisket Smoked to Perfection”
Review of Podnah's Pit BBQ

Podnah's Pit BBQ
Ranked #79 of 4,402 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Unpretentious friendly setting with probably the best sandwich I have ever had.
The quality and taste of the sliced brisket was absolutely great.My dining mates
raved about their smoked pork sandwiches.I enjoyed a corner table where I witnessed
3 people carefully tending meats in a new smoker.
I'll definitely return and would like to try other smoked meats but I will be difficult to pass up a repeat brisket order.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Portland is not necessary a place I think of for great barbecue, but this was a wonderful find. We had arrived at the airport about 7:30pm on a Saturday night and had a taste for Barbecue. TripAdvisor and Yelp reviews led us here. It's not actually in Portland proper, but in a neighborhood that looks like it's in the midst of redevelopment. By the time we got there, it was almost 9pm and there was still a wait for a table. We ordered the Pit Boss sampler which gave us a little bit of everything. Mouthwatering and delicious, we practically inhaled our food. This was some of the best barbecue we'd had in a long time. Had we been visiting longer, we'd have made a return visit. Definitely worth seeking out.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We went on a busy Thursday evening but it wasn't long before we were seated and perusing a menu whilst sipping on a local beer. Of course we chose the ribs and although I'm no expert on American style BBQ, we both thought they were very tasty and they literally fell off the bone. Our server was very efficient and the place had a good atmosphere, making it an overall enjoyable experience. Worth the trip.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Great place to find ribs! I had the Carolina ribs, 3 pieces with cornbread, a side of cole slaw and their special mac and cheese with green chilis. Delightful combination. Arrive early before the crowds...we arrived around 4:30 on a Saturday and beat the crowd. My friends had the smoked trout and pulled pork. We were pleased with all our choices. Would return again...too full for dessert and had to take home part of our meals.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Food was way too salty for my taste. The chicken quarter was a leg and thigh piece that was the size on a Cornish game hen. Just way too much salt. still burping up dinner.

Been to Podnah's Pit BBQ? Share your experiences!