“Ono grinds ”

Cuisines: Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Looking for good Hawaiian while in Portland for the day on business. The food truck was closed so no go there. Found this little gem. On street parking not too much fun but the food was super.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Had a desire to try the Kalua Pork. It wasn't that it was awful, it just was not very good. The food seemed bland and pedestrian. The service was good, the portion was large, but the food was just plain bland.The atmosphere was relaxed and casual which I like, but it was a boring meal.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

We've tried almost their whole menu and we love their garlic shrimp pork ribs Kalua pork teriyaki salmon is to die for can't wait to go there soon I must try if you like Hawaiian food

Reviewed 21 March 2016

What fun! So happy to have stumbled upon this restaurant. Always nice to find places that make us feel like we're back in Hawaii. The only difference is, the food at Ohana Hawaiian was actually better than what we sometimes find back on the island!

I ordered the Garlic Mahi Mahi. Delicious! The fish was very flavorful and perfectly cooked, delicate, moist and tender. My friend ordered the Kalua Pig; the pork was falling-apart-tender, moist and oh-so tasty. The server was Aloha-friendly and very attentive.

The restaurant was loud, as there was a large group of Hawaiian boys/men having fun at a large table at the back of the restaurant. I suppose that made it feel even more authentic! We will definitely be back.

1  Thank ExploreTheBigIsland
Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

The meats were tender, flavorful, and presented in hefty servings. The young lady who recently moved to Portland from North Carolina was delightful and very helpful as we debated what to order. (I throw in that tidbit about her move because I failed to catch her name and I want her to know she was great if she reads this! Chelsea, maybe?) I highly recommend this place if you like a good Hawaiian meal. Mmmmm. I wish I had room for dessert because they all sounded different and great! A gentleman came in just for dessert ate one at the bar while we were there. He said it was wonderful.