Lowest prices for your stay
RM 741
Fully refundable before Tue, 30 Apr
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Charles B
Alexandria, Virginia
Great staff, location, and food.
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Dec 2023
I recently stayed at this hotel and overall, I had a positive experience. The service was excellent, with attentive and friendly staff always ready to assist. The rooms were impressively clean, and the restaurant offered delicious food that exceeded my expectations. However, the only downside was that the rooms turned out to be smaller than I had anticipated. Despite this, I still enjoyed my stay and would consider returning.
Date of stay: December 2023
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 15 Dec 2023
Dear Charles,
From our friendly service to our clean accommodations, we're thrilled to know that you enjoyed nearly everything about your visit. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review, and we hope you'll join us again soon.

0.4 km from Hilton Portland Downtown
    RM 650
0.6 km from Hilton Portland Downtown
Pool
View more hotels in Portland
All reviews great location front desk corner room rooms are small business trip valet parking fitness center upon check light rail conference downtown lobby concierge housekeeping refrigerator
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 December 2023

This hotel was great. Centrally located down town near south pioneer square where you visit food trucks and/or shop. Upon entering the hotel it is aesthetically pleasing. There is also a restaurant located within the hotel, and I must admit the pizza was amazing. The rooms are clean updated with amazing views of the city. Highly recommend for my solo travelers.

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
General Manager, General Manager at Hilton Portland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2023

Dear Jade,
We’re delighted to hear about your recent experience with us, and we’re so pleased that you recommend us to your fellow travelers! It’s great to know that our fantastic location, impeccable accommodations, and tasty pizza helped make your trip a memorable one. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 7 December 2023

Great Central Location in Downtown Portland! Hotel was modern and clean. Most attractions are easily walkable from here and the Airport is a $2.50 light rail ride away! I would definitely stay here again in Portland. Buses are also plentiful and easy to catch in this area.

Room tip: Forget an Airport Taxi or UBer. The metro rail is $2.50 and takes about 40 minutes. Stop is right in Pioneer Square a block away.
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
General Manager, General Manager at Hilton Portland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2023

We were delighted to welcome you to Hilton Portland Downtown during your recent visit. It's wonderful to hear you had a positive experience and that you appreciated our ideal central location close to transportation, as well as our clean and updated accommodations. Thank you for sharing your kind comments, and we hope to have the opportunity to host your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 10 November 2023

Very nice people at the front desk, valet are friendly and quickly brought the car around so I could get my son to his medical procedure at 5 am..the rooms are very clean and the view of the city from our room was great. Really liked that its only 8 minutes to hospital.

Room tip: They have a great restaurant and a lounge.
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager, General Manager at Hilton Portland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2023

Thank you for allowing Hilton Portland Downtown to host your family's recent stay. We're happy to hear you appreciated our clean accommodations and views and convenient location close to the hospital, as well as the friendly and attentive service our team provided, especially in ensuring your car was ready for your son's appointment; we do hope that his procedure went smoothly. We're grateful for your positive rating and, should you be in the area again, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 30 October 2023

I booked a room on July 26, 2023 for 3 nights (October 5-8, 2023. I called a few days before I traveled and again on the day before I traveled, confirmed the reservation and on both days asked them to note my late arrival. I teach all day Thursday and had to travel from Boston, MA to Portland OR that night.

WQhen ia arrived, the room had been assigned to someone else. I was sent on foot to another hotel after 1 a.m. where I could stay for one night and then assigned to a third hotel where I could stay for 2 nights.

This was absolutely unprofessional, rude, and absolutely nervewrecking since I was attending a conference and had to deliver a paper on Friady.
DO NOT BOOK THIS AAWFUL PLACE _ EVER!!!
It's not worth your money

Date of stay: October 2023
1  Thank roswitha593
General Manager, General Manager at Hilton Portland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2023

We're distressed to hear about your experience. Please accept our apologies for any issues with your reservation as well as for any disappointment with how it was handled. This is not a typical situation, and we'll look into your comments further. Should you be in the area again, please come back to see us.

Reviewed 26 October 2023 via mobile

I stayed here three nights for a conference.

Pluses
- comfortable bed
- great gym
- convenient location in downtown Portland
- bar food and meeting food good
Easy checkin and checkout

Cons
- rooms rather small. I had a room with two double beds and there wasn’t much space with those two beds in there. Fine since it was just me but if you more than 2 a bit cozy.
- bathroom quite small and tiny counters. Not good for laying out toiletries.
- no cleaning service unless requested and only then just get new towels and trash dumped.
- Ballroom meeting space has terrible audio, many of us had trouble hearing speakers.

Note: no clocks in room!

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
General Manager, General Manager at Hilton Portland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2023

Dear Kili,
We enjoyed hosting you at Hilton Portland Downtown during your conference. While you were pleased with our comfortable bed, pleasant amenities, and prime downtown location, it's unfortunate to learn about the aspects that weren't your preference. We offer different room types, so please reach out to our front desk team next time so we can check the availability of larger rooms. We're sorry to hear about the audio equipment and will have our team check for improvements. Thank you for the valuable feedback so we know how to improve your next stay.