“World Famous Huckleberry Pie!”
Review of Beckie's Cafe

Beckie's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Prospect
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 April 2018

Yumm! The only word to really describe thie pie that has put Union Creek , Oregon on the map! Whether you are on your way to Bend,Oregon or headed to the incredible Crater Lake you MUST stop for your own piece of huckleberry pie at Beckies!

Reviewed 9 April 2018

It's not the cuisine (which is classic diner good) that makes this a 5-star establishment for my family, but the charm and the memories. Long ago, my family used to camp nearby and come here for warm and hearty breakfasts. Its cabin exterior and woodsy interior are classic and cozy and almost everything is original, including the pub style booths and the free standing tables that were finished to look like birdseye maple and have been there at least 50 years. They are famous for their huckleberry pie (the berries grow nearby in season) and you just can't find a more authentic, charming place deep in the woods (and 100 feet away from a beautiful creek) to have a meal on your way to or from Crater Lake.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I get it, I really do, but at the same time I don’t understand! Americans will love this, foreigners might, but probably won’t.

We didn’t stay for a full feed, just visited for a slice of legendary pie and coffee, on the recommendation of a local.

The coffee is drip filter, strong, and not too bad. The pie belonged in a bin.

1  Thank exile66
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We have never had a bad meal here in all of the years we visited. Staff is always friendly and attentive. We love the history of the place. In the winter it can be a little chilly, so I always try to remember a sweatshirt or a sweater. And we always visit the gift shop across the street before we leave!

Reviewed 21 January 2018

My girlfriends and I went to Beckie's Cafe for breakfast after spending the night at the Union Creek Resort across the street. This place is SUPER cute, I really wanted to like it here, but the flavor of the food unfortunately fell flat. They don't exactly have a lot of competition in the area, I think the closest food options are in Prospect which is 11 miles down the road, so if you want something close and you are staying at Union Creek this is about all there is! I would love to give them a second chance though, especially when their huckleberry pie is on the menu (wasn't available when we were there),

The inside of the restaurant is great, good ambiance, and has a nice, cozy lodge feel to it. The service was decent as well, with average breakfast fare on the menu. I got their Cinnamon Roll French Toast, one of my other friends had an omlette, my other friend got biscuits and gravy, and my last friend got the hashbrowns/eggs/sausage classic breakfast. The wait time for the food was appropriate, and when it got to the table it looked amazing!! I was super excited to try it, but when I did...huh, not great...definitely a lack of flavor. My french toast should have been sweeter, it seemed like there was just something missing...I ate about half of it then traded dishes with the other girls. I tried the biscuits and gravy, and....same thing. They looked like they should taste phenomenal, however there was just something lacking, some element of flavor that just wasn't there...salt, maybe? So I tried the next dish, the hashbrowns and eggs, and....same. OK tasting, but just seriously lacking in flavor, should definitely have more substantial taste than just, blah. It was odd as the food LOOKED good, but like I said something was just missing.

Like I said I really WANTED to like this place, so I'm sure if I'm in the area I would give them another try, maybe for lunch or dinner next time. I would also like to try their pies as it looks like those get good reviews, hopefully the flavor is good and doesn't just fall flat!