“We saw elk!”

Dean Creek Elk Viewing Area
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Reedsport
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We drove by in coincidence on our way to Roseburg and we saw a hige quantity of elk (100+). It was absolutely amazing.

There are newer reviews for Dean Creek Elk Viewing Area

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My review of this may be some what tainted because while they are unconfined it is almost like seeing them in a Nature park or similar. However kind of neat to be able to see the Elk that are there..It is also a nice little wayside to stop and take a few pics and stretch if you are tired of driving...I drive through there couple times per week and rarely if ever have I not seen Elk..One exception was when the farmers were bailing hay..Free is usually always a bonus and this is not and exception to it...Great access for Photos, and hanging out..Pretty area and again free is good. Often times Elk are very close to road and they seem to have lost their fear of humans so they are more that willing to be there and let you take pictures.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Saw 100 elk in mountain flats amazing. They were just grazing 100 yards away seemed comfortable with humans being near a great experience.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Got a few good pictures of some bull elk. There was a large group of females and little ones. Plenty of parking with pit potties.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I saw more elk jere in one location then I have in my entire life. They get pretty close to the road and there are little birds that sit on their behinds. It's so cute!