“Relaxed & Enjoyed”

Seaside Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Seaside B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 March 2011

They did not charge spring break rates which was wonderful! Partial view of beach still revealed beautiful sunsets. Right on the promenade. Jacuzzi tub was great & so was the fireplace. Only issue I had was the lights from the hotel next door. Curtains would fix that quickly.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Seaside Oceanfront Inn

Reviewed 6 January 2011

We had stayed at the Oceanfront Inn in the past and had really enjoyed our stay. Small, cute and a quiet place. I was looking forward to staying again, so I booked online for one of their basic rooms and made a note that if they had an upgrade available, I would be happy to pay a bit more for a nicer room. I was elated when I was e-mailed and telephoned to tell me that there had been a cancellation and an ocean-front suite was available. I called and spoke to a very nice man that same day and was told that my reservation was changed and that I was reserved to stay in the ocean-front suite. As this was my anniversary and New Years eve, I was very excited upon arrival.

When checking in, I was told that although I was told there was 'a chance that I might be upgraded' it was not actually available. This of course was not the case, I was very disappointed that not only did they downgrade us but they didn't even call to tell us that they were changing our reservation. After downgrading us, the woman did not tell us which floor our room was on, which lead to a scavenger hunt through the hotel. Overall, our check-in process made us feel like we were taking her away from something more important and was one of the worst customer service experiences I have had.

An explanation or an apology would have completely changed our negative experience.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2010

My husband and I stayed in the NW Timber room. All the people that worked there were very friendly. The original owner has taken it back recently. I do hope that all the clutter of stuffed animals do not come back. The room has a beautiful view. We did get it for a good price of $136. I really would not pay more for it. It is two stories with the hot tub and shower upstairs. Very small shower. The toilet is downstairs in a very tiny room. I am glad to see they removed the glass shelves that were originally above the toilet. Be prepared it is a little worn looking. There are very large windows with two comfortable chairs to sit in. There is no coffee pot , Microwave, refrigerator, or clock in the room. Breakfast is ordered from the menu and is very good. Parking can be a little tight.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2010

This was the first place we stayed at on our trip down the coast. We stayed in an oceanfront room, Surfer's Cove. Room is not very fancy but comfortable and the bathroom was very big and big jet tub! The location is fantastic, right on the beach and easy walk to the main street. The breakfast that is included is a great deal, choose any breakfast entree, tea/coffee and juice and the food is good!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Was terribly warm when we arrived and air conditioner did NOT work. When we made a request for repair, the front desk staff stated that "the owners know the A/C doesn't work, but they just leave it for us to deal with unhappy customers." Front desk staff was great and tried to fix problem, but it couldn't be fixed. Terribly outdated and dingy. Way over-priced!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family