“Long Time Rose's Fan”

Rose's Deli & Bakery
Ranked #6 of 56 Restaurants in Sherwood
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

I have visited the Portland area many times over the years. I was disappointed to find my old favorite Rose's was no longer at its old location in N.W. Portland. However, I was excited to learn about the Sherwood location that opened in 2003.

We visited for breakfast today. I had a healthy egg white omelette with chicken apple sausage, spinach, and Swiss cheese accompanied by a large portion of hash browns. Delicious!

My partner enjoyed a Rose's Scramble.
Very good service and good coffee rounded out our experience.

The Sherwood location has Summer patio seating. Booths and tables are indoors. A full bar is on premise.

The bakery still offers the giant layer cakes and huge cinnamon rolls.

Pastrami and corned beef are favorites for lunch. Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Rose's Deli & Bakery

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

On a cold day, for me nothing's beats a steaming cup of matzo ball soup & half corned beef sandwich which I order at "my favorite Oregon Jewish Deli".

This place has good generously portioned soups, lean corned beef, tasty pastrami and amazing Ruebens.

Today My daughter enjoyed a well balanced "fish burger". A fat piece of cod battered and fried served on a soft roll with tartar, coleslaw and pickle.

If you have a hunger for a Monte Cristo, a fat slab of homemade meatloaf with gravy, roasted turkey plate with all the fixings then Rose's Deli
is a good choice for well prepared food and good service.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

I have been to Rose's Deli A LOT! I know what I like to order and I expect it every time. This one occasion I ordered their Beef Stroganoff. And instead of Penne pasta, I asked for Linguine pasta. The order came out and it was served with Penne, so I sent the dish back to be corrected. When the dish came out a second time, it had spaghetti noodles in it instead of linguine. At this point, I was starving and every one else had already started eating their dinner. I took a bite of the dish and it was terrible! The cook used way too much Cabernet in the sauce. I honestly could not eat the dish; even my friend tried a bite they said it was terrible.

On top of the slow service that we got, I am very hesitant to return anytime soon.

To be fair, they do have a good menu selection and there is a lot to choose from. If you are not in a hurry, then I think you would enjoy your experience there. I highly recommend that you ask for Shelby for your waitress...she's good!

Reviewed 12 December 2016

I heard that rose's had very good Reubens. Me being a Reubens snob, I had to go sample.
I was not disappointed. It was very good.

I also ordered some stuffed cabbage to go for later, and it was also very good.

We shared a bowl of chicken soup and this was our only bad critique - it had way too much oregano.

we will definitely be back.

Oh yeah veterans eat free on Mondays

Reviewed 29 November 2016

Was disappointed with the service we received while taking a break from Black Friday shopping. We arrived about 8:20 am for breakfast to only a few other tables. I realize they were just opened, but it seemed there was only one waiter and the tables filled up fast. It took 20 minutes just to get tea and coffee and then another 15 minutes for our order to be taken. The server was nice and was very helpful with menu suggestions, he seemed overwhelmed. The food was good and the price was good. We had to ask for refills and ask for our check. Overall we were there an hour and a half which for breakfast was a half hour too much.