“Join the Locals for a Meal at Angie's”

Angie’s Diner and Old Fashioned Ice Cream Scoops
Ranked #12 of 29 Restaurants in Sutherlin
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We were looking for an informal dinner spot that didn't have arches, pigtails, or crowns. Angie's Diner sounded like a promising spot in town and far from the freeway. The promise was fulfilled! On arrival we were one of the few parties in the restaurant and spent some quality time talking with Angie and her husband. On her recommendation I ordered a beef dip sandwich with meat that had been simmering four hours in flavorful broth. It was good, very good. Others in the party ordered burgers, which were apparently equally good. Some excellent battered -- not breaded -- onion rings were among the sides. They were so good we ordered more. When it was time for dessert ice cream was the obvious choice. Not content with a simple sundae I ordered a banana split. Angie's husband personally created a dairy work of art that tasted as good as it looked, because Angie serves up top quality ice cream.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

If you want good sevice and ice cream this is the place. Had a really good milk shake made the correct way

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

I've been twice, but don't recall the date of the first time. I remember having a vegetable soup, homemade and delicious. This time I stopped in for a sandwich. I saw ham and cheese, and asked if it was grilled. The cook said, "no, but I'll grill you one!" It was great, just really good comfort food.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

This is a small cafe located in the heart of Sutherlin's downtown area. Doesn't look like much from the outside but the inside is a diner style cafe. We enjoyed a Ward Burger - absolutely delicious. Quality burger with cheese and bacon on it. Onion rings are great too. Varied menu and something to please everyone. We shared a burger so we could enjoy the Umpqua ice cream....enjoyed the pralines and cream and black licorice. Great place.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

This was a quaint little diner with very personable staff. Most of the people eating there appeared to be regulars and we figured out why--the food was excellent! My wife had the super stuffed potato and I had the Audie Murphy Burger. Prices were very moderate.