“Delicious Thai food”

Ranked #5 of 72 Restaurants in The Dalles
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The best Thai food we've ever eaten.
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We ordered take out. It was ready on time. No delivery service which would have been nice as our hotel was on other side of town. I would not order calamari appetizer to go as it was tempura and mushy by the time we ate it.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I love Thai food. I'm from Portland, and this place could go head-to-head with my favorite Thai restaurants in Portland. I can't believe such an incredible place is all the way out The Dalles! I stop here whenever I'm in town, and sometimes find a reason to go to town so I can eat here :) The Massaman Curry was a surprise favorite for me.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We had a rafting adventure earlier in the afternoon and were very hungry. My companion had delicious salmon and I had mango paradise with tofu. Both were delicious. We had great and friendly service despite how busy it was. It would be almost worth driving all the way from Portland. We will be back.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

It's hard to beat the Thai options in the Puget Sound. You just have the best coming from that area. However, Montira's Thai will match expectations. This was a surprise find in eastern Oregon. Hopefully they keep this going as our experience was good, and even on a busy night when most places become easily overwhelmed.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We were staying in Hood River but made the short drive to The Dalles at dinnertime, looking for something a little less 'touristy'. We enjoy thai and indian food so we try new places while vacationing and came across Montira's. We were definitely not disappointed.
The décor may not represent 'authenticity' but don't let that distract from the quality of the food. We ordered both yellow curry and a shrimp noodle dish and asked for a little extra spice on both- they came out perfect. The curry was served with a nice presentation of black and white rice. The portions are generous for their reasonable prices.
The place was very busy and I understand why. If I ever get back to this area I will stop here again for dinner.

1  Thank Jen55555