“good price-to-value ratio”

Motel 6 Portland South - Lake Oswego /Tigard
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights in Sept.

Room is a bit small, but what do you expect from a cheap motel (actually, price/quality ratio is high here). Small old TV - but with HBO and sorts, bit tough bed, modern bathroom (toilletries could be better) and working internet (3$ per day, mind you).

Food options? There's a shopping center nearby, best options there. Walking distance? Safeway and some fast foods, nothing special.

If you're just passing by - why not.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank ISmackedTheLion

Reviewed 1 August 2011

My room was very clean. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. I certainly will stay here again when I'm in Portland. There is a big shopping mall (not that I care) including Whole Foods (for those who like to take out healthy food)and Peet's Coffee (the best coffee I ever came across!) right across the other side of the freeway. :)

Room Tip: Since the motel is right next to the freeway there is always background noise.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Alie888
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stay@ this motel 2 times a month my husband is working in the area and for the most part its a decent place with the exception of the maids bothering you multiple times. On this particular stay the boiler went out and there was no hot water or heat for almost 24 hours and the only thing they did about it. Was post a small note stating that the boiler was out in the reception area we were still charged full price for our room that day with no apology

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank cheaptravlers
Reviewed 18 May 2011

This Motel 6 is just outside the city so easy to get to when travelling from another location on the highway. I received a genuinely lovely welcome from the reception staff and was given a room on the first floor. It was quiet which was good and away from the road. Although compact the room was clean and the beds had new sheets and pillows on them. The shower had high pressure and so I experienced strong jets, more reminiscent of being at a spa really. Okay, it’s basic but I didn’t need anything else.

My stay went well and I slept soundly each night. The staff always courteous, the WI-FI worked just fine and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CharlieHardcourt
Reviewed 9 July 2010

Have stayed here several times on June and July 2010. This is the Motel 6 East. There is a West across the street. Here there is no AC in any of the rooms. It's been record hot this week and there is ventilation. There is a central air vent in the ceiling but it's never turned on and there is no thermostat in the the rooms that you can adjust yourself. I could have dealt with that, but I hate people going into my room when I'm not there. Each morning I tell the maids when they come by that I dont need room service. In the afternoon when I returned the garbage is taken out and my towels replaced. THEY WILL NOT STAY AWAY!!! If you tell someone, is of no use, because someone else will surely come by. They even open my window shades, (that is their sign that the room has been cleaned) so all my stuff is there for everyone to see. Yesterday one of them came in and I was in my underwear. I dont care about they seeing me, I just dont want them coming in since I usually have items and samples from work that I bring to the room and other job related items of value to me. The need to provide "Do No Disturb" signs to each room. I hadn't complained before because I hadn't brought any merchandise into the room. But after today, I surely won't be coming back. Found me a even better and affordable hotel (Guest House Motel in Vancouver, WA) and they even have do not distub signs in every room.!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business