“One of the few places open on Sunday”

Timbers Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 October 2015 via mobile

We went into the lounge which has a different door. The bar area is downstairs separate from the restaurant. We were a little surprised to see slot machines in the bar. It seems to be the hang out for the locals, at least on Sunday. It's kind of a sports bar with Football on the TV's and pool tables. The bartender was friendly and joked with everyone. One thing I never seen being used before was an intercom. Wait staff from the restaurant would call for drinks that were needed upstairs.

Date of visit: October 2015

Reviewed 24 July 2015

Dropped in with a group of bikers on a Saturday noon and they easily handled a nice lunch. Typical fare you would expect, nothing fancy, but the place is clean. Toledo is a bit off the beaten path and you have to decide to make this stop. But if you are in the area this is a nice break.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 19 July 2015

I arrived at 4:55 PM to watch the UFC 189 Preliminary Fights. I had called earlier as I was visiting from out of town and got a kitchen pass to watch the fights.

I bellied up to the bar to order my scotch and get a menu. The bartender walked by me twice. Only three other patrons in the bar and they were up at the bar as well. I figured I needed to get a table and then I would get a menu. I sat at the table in front of the big screen. After the first fight, the bartender turned the volume down on the TV I was watching to....zero. I could still hear the fight commentary from the TV at the bar. It became a game after that...a shift change happened at 6:00. The new bartender said 'hi' to all the locals by first name. I thought for sure a glass of water would show up and then the courtesy "Can I get you anything?" but alas...all that happened was the TV, at the bar, was muted.

I sat in The Timbers Restaurant and Lounge for 2 hours and 10 minutes with no contact with the staff.

Unless they know you by name, I'd avoid this place!

Date of visit: July 2015
1  Thank akbowhunt2015
Reviewed 4 November 2014

This place is great. The staff and owners are top notch. The food is wonderful. Needs some updating. Will be back again and again!!

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This restaurant has been in Toledo for 30 years. It looks like a diner inside, but also rustic. The comfy booths abd counter stools set a mood matched by country music. We ate great homemade desserts, generous sandwiches and excellent brewed ice tea. Perfect service and friendly folks clearly proud of their eatery.

Date of visit: July 2014