“One of the few places open on Sunday”

Timbers Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 October 2015 via mobile

We went into the lounge which has a different door. The bar area is downstairs separate from the restaurant. We were a little surprised to see slot machines in the bar. It seems to be the hang out for the locals, at least on Sunday. It's kind of a sports bar with Football on the TV's and pool tables. The bartender was friendly and joked with everyone. One thing I never seen being used before was an intercom. Wait staff from the restaurant would call for drinks that were needed upstairs.

Reviewed 24 July 2015

Dropped in with a group of bikers on a Saturday noon and they easily handled a nice lunch. Typical fare you would expect, nothing fancy, but the place is clean. Toledo is a bit off the beaten path and you have to decide to make this stop. But if you are in the area this is a nice break.

Reviewed 19 July 2015

I arrived at 4:55 PM to watch the UFC 189 Preliminary Fights. I had called earlier as I was visiting from out of town and got a kitchen pass to watch the fights.

I bellied up to the bar to order my scotch and get a menu. The bartender walked by me twice. Only three other patrons in the bar and they were up at the bar as well. I figured I needed to get a table and then I would get a menu. I sat at the table in front of the big screen. After the first fight, the bartender turned the volume down on the TV I was watching to....zero. I could still hear the fight commentary from the TV at the bar. It became a game after that...a shift change happened at 6:00. The new bartender said 'hi' to all the locals by first name. I thought for sure a glass of water would show up and then the courtesy "Can I get you anything?" but alas...all that happened was the TV, at the bar, was muted.

I sat in The Timbers Restaurant and Lounge for 2 hours and 10 minutes with no contact with the staff.

Unless they know you by name, I'd avoid this place!

1  Thank akbowhunt2015
Reviewed 4 November 2014

This place is great. The staff and owners are top notch. The food is wonderful. Needs some updating. Will be back again and again!!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This restaurant has been in Toledo for 30 years. It looks like a diner inside, but also rustic. The comfy booths abd counter stools set a mood matched by country music. We ate great homemade desserts, generous sandwiches and excellent brewed ice tea. Perfect service and friendly folks clearly proud of their eatery.