The Cabins Creekside at Welches
US$144
Best Western Mt. Hood Inn(Government Camp)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$139
Timberline Lodge(Timberline Lodge)
US$276
US$150
Timberline Lodge
  • Pool
Best Western Sandy Inn(Sandy)(Great Value!)
US$120
Travelocity
US$139
Travelocity
US$144
US$130
Hotels.com
Columbia Gorge Inn(Cascade Locks)
US$85
US$82
TripAdvisor
Cascade Motel(Cascade Locks)
All reviewsfull kitchenhot tubplace to staymargaretamenitiesmtwoodshoodhikeskiing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2015

We stayed at Creekside for three days over the holidays. We found it very clean and fairly modern. The bed was comfortable. The kitchen has all the appliances you really need, including dishwasher. I found the utensils lacking a bit though. There's no large frying pan, no knife except a small steak knife, which just would not chop onions. This kitchen could use a couple more mixing or serving bowls, a couple more wine glasses, and a good sharp paring knife. Most places like this provide kitchen garbage bags, but here you need to bring your own.
The location is good--maybe a quarter mile from 26. There's a shopping center with gas station, supermarket, cafe, etc. All the modern conveniences! It's not exactly rural but given that we had some weather and one day the roads were impossibly icy, we appreciated the ease of it.
The room (not exactly a cabin) was advertised as being for 2-4 people. But it's all one room, and unless the second two people were small children, it really would not work. There's a queen bed and a futon, pretty close together.
The bathroom was modern and the shower nice and hot.
The one thing I really did not like is that the nice sliding glass doors at the back are covered by those blinds made of slats. I've lived with these (excuse my language) crappy things before and these were no different. The slats are all crooked or falling off,,with a few missing. So, really you get no privacy. Anyone walking by (there wasn't a lot of foot traffic, but the hot tub was right behind our unit) can see right in. I wasn't comfortable with people looking at us while we slept. And we had to change in the bathroom. Why not curtains? That would be a big improvement.
No one cleaned our room while we were here. Mostly that was ok but the trash cans filled up on the first day.
The hot tub wasn't that hot, and looked dirty. We saw people using it though so maybe I am just too picky!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2015

Great for a quick stay last minute. The trailer park in the back was barely noticed, but the towels could use some better care. Bring your own and your' set. It's an hour from the mountain but in a pinch I'd go back.

Room Tip: The rooms on the far southwest corner have a small section of washers and dryers.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2015

We didn't even stay here 12 hours, due to an anniversary party running into the wee hours, but both of us commented on the cleanliness and amenities that were very apparent. Would not hesitate to stay here again, nor would we hesitate to recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2015

We were delighted to open the door to our Creekside cabin after a long day of golf and dinner to find a cozy and clean room complete with a kitchen. I would definitely recommend Creekside Cabins. The surroundings are whimsical with old appliances and other fun items that create an artistic ambiance. Lovely flowers surround the facility. This motel has a good parking area close to each room. It's a great place to stay if you need a kitchen. It's quiet too.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank seabiscuit1220
Reviewed 9 August 2015

I normally would not write a review when having a bad experience but since management never got back to my email, which was nicely written, I feel others should be warned. The sink and garbage disposal was broken which flooded our sink with food from the last guests. There was nobody to call since their contact times are very limited. It was very disgusting but we had to somehow get our meals cooked and dishes cleaned. If not, we would be charged $25. Which brings me to the dishes... If you want to cook for more than two people, bring some extra pans for breakfast and dinner if you don't want to use their community dirty BBQ. The only frying pan is way too small. The dust on the TV stand was thick, which isn't such a big deal, but that is why they pay housekeeping right? Also, they had air conditioning, which is nice but it was too cold to run all night. The fan in the closet was broken which I needed being 8 months pregnant. The bathroom toilet was broken and leaked and to top it off the hours they had for the onsite laundry was locked, even though we had a key and went and tried it twice during the hours that were listed. I had to dry my bra that got wet from the lake with the hair dryer which was annoying. It took forever. After returning home, we wish we would of not such a spur of the moment trip because there are MANY options with a better price to pay rather than these cabins.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family