“Outstanding food and service”
Review of Dar Essalam

Dar Essalam
Ranked #1 of 81 Restaurants in Wilsonville
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Have been wanting to go here for a while and finally talked my husband into it for our anniversary. The staff was so welcoming, friendly, and helpful. And the food - so very good, and so much of it! 3 courses and all were wonderful - even my non-adventurous husband commented on how good it was. I even had the dessert Bastilla and I never eat dessert at a restaurant - yum!

A bit spendy, but you can share a plate - the Sultans kebobs would have been plenty for two people. We will be back

1  Thank Christina W

Reviewed 3 October 2017

The restaurant interior is inviting, beautifully decorated and transported me back to memories of traveling in Casablanca. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive with water refills and quick service.
I was very pleased to find menu items that gave me low carb option. My chicken kabobs came with fresh green salad. My husband choose a gyro and pomegranate lemonade. Total lunch cost was $20. We noticed other diners included families with young children and business lunch crowd so the restaurant appeals to all ages. The restaurant has medium seating capacity with tables from 2 to 6 people.

1  Thank PattiWall
Reviewed 3 October 2017

This was our second visit to Dar Essalam and it didn't disappoint us. We took another couple, also foodies, and we enjoyed ourselves. We lamb with couscous was absolutely delicious, tender, moist and full of flavor. We loved the mint tea.

1  Thank frontporch75
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We love everything about this restaurant! The food....the atmosphere....the friendly service....it's truly a special place! There is not a huge selection for vegetarians, but I have had the vegetable couscous both times I have been here, and I have not been disappointed. It's a huge portion of food, so plenty of left overs! The mint tea is a must have, either hot or iced! Such a great family owned restaurant!

1  Thank OregonPennie
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I was intrigued to find an authentic Moroccan restaurant in Wilsonville, so went with my wife. We have traveled in Morocco and dined there at all levels, from street food to top end fine dining, and also have Moroccan friends, so we know a bit about their cuisine. My lamb shank served on a bed of couscous, in a genuine tajine clay dish, was excellent and enough left over for another dinner at home. The main beverage offered was classic mint tea, the standard Moroccan beverage, which I liked but my wife doesn't care much for. Theirs was fine, not too sweet.

1  Thank AlanLosAngeles_CA