“Upscale restaurant for lunch or dinner”

The Oregon Wine Garden
Ranked #55 of 80 Restaurants in Wilsonville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 August 2015

We have enjoyed several visits to the Oregon Wine Garden. The gourmet menu has many special and unusual choices. Lined table clothes and napkins too. Nice view of the golf course and a huge wine list. This is very high on our list of places to take our out of town guests.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

We went for the wine tasting with the snack plate. The wines offered were all Oregon (which I liked), the cheese/snack plate was so tasty, and our server was amazing. I was worried about the location because I thought it would be uppity and full of pretension but it was so down to earth and fun. Our server had purple hair and she was so entertaining. She was able to describe each wine and she was really fun. The entire experience was great.

1  Thank Christina M
Reviewed 29 June 2015

We just couldn't get into anything about this place. The dining room upstairs could have been designed to take advantage of the golf course view, but it wasn't. The wine list, as the restaurant's name implies, could feature lots of nice Oregon wines, but it doesn't. And the wines they do have are very expensive, both by the bottle and the glass. The food is very mediocre, with limited selections, and is very expensive. I had a hamburger that was tasteless and impossible to eat, and my husband had a pasta dish loaded with garlic that seemed to come from a box. Both entrees were served cool. And the service - they had trouble keeping up and keeping orders straight the night we were there. The only night we'll be there.

Reviewed 8 June 2015

Just had lunch with my 3 year old granddaughter. I was glad to find that OWG will be open through the summer 7 days a week--and children under 5 eat free! I had a fantastic steak salad ($8 was a great value) and Violet loved her home-made Mac & cheese. (She liked my steak too)..
A day prior, my husband and I shared a bottle of wine, some Lamb pops (little lamb appetizer--like a popsicle), and their fantastic beet and chevre salad. As well, we enjoyed our lamb dinners on Valentine's Day.
While talking with Shawn, I asked him about the pizza. Individual pizzas for $7--he brought one to our table and another table next to us to try---delicious! This shall be my new Charbonneau take-out choice.
Their fish and chips are everyone's favorite-and their Pinot burger and short ribs are devine. They have small plates now, a full bar and extremely reasonable prices.
Everyone has been so accommodating. They were great when we arranged our chili dinner for a caroling party in December before they were officially open.
As with any new restaurant, there have been plenty of kinks along the way--but most of them are ironed out now. Overall, I think they are a great experience. Check them out for banquets, limo rentals, wine tours--and oh, I want to get a group of 30 together--where shall we go on the trolley!

Reviewed 27 May 2015

First, the good news. The food was amazing! But very expensive for the environment. We pay top dollar for places like El Gaucho, Morton's, etc. but for a casual place like this, we think it was way over the top. I ordered the salmon ($25, no bread, no salad, just salmon and roasted vegetables...they ran out of rice). My husband ordered the steak ($35), and there is no kids menu so we asked if they could improvise and make a small portion of noodles with alfredo sauce (they offer chicken alfredo for $16). They charged $11 for our child's noodles and sauce. Wow! The last time we paid that much for a child's meal was in Seattle at the Space Needle!
For the environment, there's no "garden." If the term garden implies there's a "garden of wine selections" I still disagree. We love wine! We tour several wineries around the Willamette Valley area and was quite surprised to see the limited wines they had. When we first visited Oregon Wine Gardens' website, it said they offer wine tasting. But when we got there we were told that they weren't able to that night, but then when I said I was expecting it, they went ahead and gave us some samples. They only offered 6 or 7 red wines by the glass (average about $9, yikes!). We sampled 4 of them. Only 1 was to our liking. I ended up ordering a cosmopolitan cocktail, again very expensive and watered down tasting ($9)...the bartender took if off the bill so that was very nice of her.
We sat downstairs in the casual bar area.....even though we had called and made a reservation for the restaurant, it apparently was being used for something else. So that was disappointing since we were wanting to enjoy the actual restaurant. There was one bartender and another helper, and they tried really hard to be quick but there was only 2 of them running through the restaurant trying to take orders, make drinks, run up and down the stairs to the kitchen, etc. They were nice ladies, but overall the experience was disappointing after spending over $100 for it.
So overall, we think it's a very deceiving name, implying a beautiful restaurant, outstanding wines, and maybe even gardens......but we only saw a casual restaurant, very limited wine list, and very very expensive prices. Oh well, live and learn. We won't go back.