All reviews breakfast was delicious the blue room house is beautiful her parents spent nights both mornings bushkill falls lovely room fall foliage lounge chairs great weekend pocono mountains a wonderful stay relaxing getaway theodore roosevelt quiet at night dvd player
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We have stayed there twice. Each time in the same suite "Teddy Roosevelt Suite" and it was heaven. Lots of room, comfy leather recliners, comfy bed, private, quiet, classy and the owner, Bille, well she is so warm and welcoming and funny! The breakfast is made for a king, several courses, and if you are on a special diet......no problem......Bille will accomodate you. In the summer, the pool is a nice place to relax. You'll agree......it is a very special place.

Room Tip: all rooms have stairs to get there. Not the best for handicapped folks
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We live in nearby Wilkes-Barre and had to evacuate because of the flooding. We had driven by Bischwind a hundred times on the way to New York--and had often remarked that if it wasn't so close--we would definitely want to stay there. Well--we called the Thursday of the evacuation--and Billy, the owner / proprietor of the B&B--couldn't have been more helpful. Our stay was restful (the bed could not have been more comfortable!) the rooms and grounds are beautiful and the breakfast she serves is top-notch. There's even a fabulous 3-mile walk around the lake next to the property for getting some fresh air and exercise. Billy could not have been more accommodating and we are really glad that we picked Bischwind to ride out the time away from our home. I work for a hotel in Cape May, NJ so I know the difficulties of being a part of the hospitality business. Bischwind gets "two thumbs up" from me!

Room Tip: Billy WANTS you to have the best room available--just ask!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2ndhandtulip
Reviewed 4 July 2011

My wife and I stayed here for two nights on our honeymoon on our way back from New York City. We were referred here by someone at a visitor's centre that told us the place was amazing. Talk about under selling. The rooms were the nicest I have ever stayed in at a B&B. I travel often for business and generally avoid B&Bs. Although they are usually nicely decorated I find the beds to be old and uncomfortable. This was not that case at the Bischwind. The beds felt new and were extremely comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. We stayed in the Master's suite which was lovely with an adjoining bathroom with separate shower as well as bathtub. Breakfast in the downstairs was terrific and was changed up slightly each day to allow for variety. The B&B has a lovely pool which we sat out at for hours enjoying the sun and stunning view of the mountains. The B&B has private access to the lake although for liability reasons does not offer any boating. Had I thought of this I may have purchased my own kayak and taken a turn out on the water. Walking around the perimiter of the lake allowed for some incredible views. On our next visit we hope to stay in the Teddy Rosevelt suite. Upon arrival at this charming country inn its easy to see how it managed to attract two Presidents (Theodore Roosevelt and William Howard Taft)

All my wife and I could talk about on our trip was how quickly we could get back here, and whether or not we could bring her parents next time. I would highly recommend a visit to the Bischwind if you are heading to the Poconos, or for Canadians travelling to NYC, this is an amazing stop off point about 5 hours from Ft Erie crossing.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Bischwind was great... the B&B is set in a victorian big house that is detached from the owners (they stay in a house about 100 yards away on the property). While expensive.. welll worth it. The house itself is fantastic - excellant fireplace, social rooms, great place to relax... etc... The rooms were also top notch. Linens and bathrooms were super clean... and really made you feel at home. Also the room we stayed in had our own gas fireplace to adjust the temp easily in the room. The B&B also had a good selection of both his and her movie selections.... (we watched wild hogs - perfect lazy day silly movie). Overal we would happy with the Bischwind.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Our stay at Bischwind B&B was wonderful. The house and surroundings are beautiful and the location was perfect for touring around the Pocono's. Billi's breakfasts were delightful - great choices and the serving sizes meant "no lunch" days!
Our room was quiet, clean and like stepping back in time. Getting out of bed was a challenge.
The music playing throughout the great rooms in the house made our mornings and evenings a real treat too.
Billi and her family were excellent hosts and we felt very welcome in this incredibly palatial residence. Billi's knowledge of the region led to some excellent touring.
Highly recommend Bischwind as a "must do" place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple