“Nice and not very formal”
Review of 1796 Room

1796 Room
Reserve with OpenTable
1796 Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Bedford
Price range: US$70 - US$90
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Named for the year that Dr. John Anderson purchased the land upon which the resort now stands, 1796 Room has now been re-launched as a signature steak and chophouse, serving steaks, chops, fish and poultry of the highest quality. 1796 uses only the highest quality 21-day aged USDA prime beef. All entrees are served with our signature grilled artichoke, and “shared” side dishes are available a la carte along with a tasty dessert selection freshly prepared in-house by our pastry team. Our world-class wine list is designed to match the quality of our food selection, and our professional staff is trained to recommend the perfect wine pairing with your meal. Creating a relaxed yet upscale atmosphere of warm sophistication, the new 1796 Room is a dining experience not to be missed. Menu : https://www.omnihotels.com/-/media/images/hotels/pitbsr/restaurants/menus/pitbsr-1796-menu.pdf?la=en
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Ate there the first night of our stay. Staff was exceptional. Food was good. Tuna tartar and shrimp cocktail were fab.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

We had dinner at this restaurant housed in the Omni Bedford Springs, and found it to be a little disappointing. The menu was good, but the meals once served were only okay.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

We enjoyed the food, and the room had a great ambiance. My only complaint would be that it was so loud!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

My husband and I ate here our last night at Bedford Springs resort. The steak was delicious. Just as good as any steak at a New York City restaurant. I had an artichoke salad that was so good. My husband had tuna tartar. It was good. The entire meal was delicious. Only issue was the service was slow.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent the evening at Bedford Springs and decided to stay on property for dinner and ate at the 1796 Room. We both did the tasting menu and everything was decent, but not as great as I was expecting for a $250 meal. I'm fine spending that amount for dinner, if the food and service is worth it, but feel this experience fell short of expectations.
Everything else at Bedford Springs, the accommodations, spa, and service, was fantastic, just wasn't overly impressed with our dinner at 1796 Room.

Been to 1796 Room? Share your experiences!