“Awesome - Great Mexican”
Review of La Hacienda

La Hacienda
Ranked #8 of 155 Restaurants in Bensalem
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 July 2016

We passed this a few times and decided to try it. The decorations are cheerful and the staff was friendly. Quickly seated and drink orders taken, not sure if this is a Saturday special but they have $5 margaritas! We had a friendly girl (Karen) to take our drink order then switched to a guy who was basically all business and no fun. Dinner ordered and it came out quickly probably 10 minutes! It was delicious! Everything was really great. Gave us more beans and rice when we requested it. Best of all they have fried icecream for dessert! Prices were reasonable. Definitely coming back!

Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

Tried and true. Can't go wrong here. The burritos. The platters. The chips and salsa. The margaritas. Literally it's all good.

Reviewed 19 March 2016

Nice atmosphere, very plain but very clean. Food is always fresh and well prepared. I enjoy this much more than the more expensive Mexican chain restaurants in the area.
We go here often and have never had a bad meal.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

good Mexican American type of food, family friendly, alternatives for kids, staff always nice, but a tad bit Americanized for my tastes

Reviewed 7 February 2016

I was waiting for La Hacienda to get a liquor license before going there with my wife. We were greeted and seated promptly. The server brought over chips and dips and took our drink order. My Margarita arrived promptly and the server said she would be back with the bottle of beer and proceeded to take our order. Beer arrived in about 5 minutes, just before the food order. I will speak on my order. I ordered 3 tacos, refried beans, and rice. It arrived in a short time and to my surprise was the most bland taco I have ever eaten. So, if you are looking for Texmex, this is not the place for you. I was also disappointed that there was very little cheese and no tomatoes for the tacos, nor any type of sauce. The beans and the rice were beans and rice. The server did not come back for quite awhile. The margarita was empty well before she returned. Now, I have to say she was pleasant and attentive when she was at the table. We declined desert and left. I know authentic Mexican food is not as spicy as I like it but there was a genuine lack service and flavor in what I had ordered. I will try again, but now that I know, I'll ask for tomatoes and Jalapeno peppers when I order the food.