“"Good Mexican food and service"”
Review of On the Border

Ranked #11 of 163 Restaurants in Bensalem
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 7 November 2017

On the Border is a chain restaurant and this location is right outside of the Neshaminy Mall. This place does a good business and always seems to be crowded whenever we visit here. We come here every once and a while. We have always found the food and service to be service and never had any issues.

The restaurant can get very crowded on Friday and Saturdays and it is not uncommon to have a long wait to be seated. I would suggest arriving early so that you don't have to wait too long to be seated.

The menu has a good selection of items for guests that include salads, enchiladas, tacos, burritos, chimis, fajitas,quesadillas and combo meals. They also have specials during the week for lunch as well. Prices for most entrees range from $ 8 and up.

My wife and daughter each got a quesadilla which they enjoyed and I got one of the combo meals with enchiladas and rice and beans. The food was delicious.

Items on the kids menu include tacos, enchiladas, corn dogs, chicken strips, nachos, hamburger, mini tacos and grilled chicken.

Guests are also provided some chips with salsa prior to your meal.

Overall, we found the food to be really good as well as the service and we will be visiting here again in the near future. I would recommend trying On the Border.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Very good food, incl. chips, salsa, dishe, drinks. Result? very crowded Fri.-Sun. dinner hrs. Can't complain about anything, except dirty bathrooms.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Whenever my daughter comes to town, this restaurant is our first choice. The food is delicious, the drinks huge and tasty and the service is fantastic.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We ordered on-line. We were celebrating a co-workers last day. The food we received was disappointing to say the least. I ordered a steak bowel. There was more bowel then food. Lots of rice on the bottom with lettuce on top with little beans and a small piece of steak which was cut into four little strips. The guacamole was hard with no flavor.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank kloude7088
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We have been to this place three times now and all three trips the service resembled robots. The hostess greeted us with a look of why are you bothering me and simply asked how many. She directed us to the booth, set the menus down and left. The chips and salsa come fast, as I can only assume that is to keep you busy why you wait longer than you should for your food to come out. Also not sure where the credit card machine is, but perhaps they need to actually walk to the mall to get it ran. The food is great, but I think we are done with this place as it just seems we are treated like a number, rather than a paying customer.