“Best Italian Food in Bloomsburg”
Review of A Taste of Italy

A Taste of Italy
Ranked #8 of 92 Restaurants in Bloomsburg
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2017

My husband and I have become regular customers at this restaurant, and for good reason. Chef John's food is outstanding, the service is excellent, the environment is friendly and welcoming, and we are treated royally. Nothing is ever too much trouble. We mention a dish, and Chef John makes it, whether it is on the menu or not. He is not only an excellent cook, but he is also a great guy. His fettuccine Alfredo is second to none, his cacio e pepe is the best we have ever tasted, his chicken parmigiana is mouthwatering, etc. It is zucchini flower season, and nobody makes them like Chef John. I don't even like zucchini flowers, but when he makes them, I love them! Same goes for broccoli rabe. I am not a fan, but I eat it at Taste of Italy, and it's delicious. From appetizers , to soups , to salads (especially Caesar salad), to pasta, to seafood, to meat dishes (especially the lamb chops), every dish is a winner. This is the food that my Italian grandmother and my mother cooked. Wonderful!

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I thought the food here was very good. It's a cute little Italian restaurant with a nice atmosphere. It's on a strip mall so just happened to find it. The food choices are really good. I like healthy food and they offer this. It's very hard to find good food in Pa and I'm happy I found this place. The people that work here are very nice as well. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Great prices. amazing service. The best Italian food. Great music while you enjoy your meal I strongly recommend that you try this amazing restaurant.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is located in a strip mall which made me a tad skeptical, but that changed as soon as we were seated. Our server was friendly and efficient, the food was delicious. They started us with house made bread which was outstanding! The chopped salad was a nice change from the ordinary house salad that I am accustomed to at this type of place and the Chicken parmigiana was good and enough for two meals. Will most certainly return.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

This place is an absolute gem. Food and service are outstanding. Hubby had house salad, I had Caesar, both excellent. We both enjoyed the shrimp bisque, again excellent. Hubby had shrimp fra diavolo, I the veal parmigiana. A bottle of lovely Merlot capped off the lunch. It could not have been any better. Oh, and they bake their own bread and croutons - need I say more!???!!!!! Wonderful!!