“Pretty good Italian restaurant”

Balzano's Italian Kitchen
Ranked #33 of 94 Restaurants in Bloomsburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2015

I have been to this restaurant a few times and I have enjoyed my meals every time. The menu has a good variety of choices so you should be able to find something you like. It is decorated very nicely and the waitresses are very nice as well. This isn't the best Italian food you will ever had but it is not bad by any means. if you are in town and stop by here, I don't think that you will be disappointed!

Reviewed 23 October 2014

I had a business meeting here and dinner was included....I had chicken parmigiana with ziti and it was fantastic....our waitress was very good...always smiling...dessert was a cannoli back end it too was delishous..highly reccomend.

Reviewed 11 October 2014

Our first visit was terrific.We had a pecan crusted salad which was fantastic. Our second was not terrific. We waited forever for the food which was average.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I was so disappointed. The reviews sounded wonderful. The food however was not. We ordered a bunch of tapas. The three meatballs which were dry and burnt as was the sauce, some of the worst arancini I have ever had in my life. Lots of cheese, very little rice, no seasoning and a heavy coat of bread crumbs. Served with the burnt sauce. I would not even eat them. We also had the margarita flatbread. No garlic that I could taste but worst of all dried basil was visible in scant amounts. It is summer and an Italian restaurant. There is no reason not to have fresh basil on this pie. It grows like a weed.

On the upside, we sat outside and service was very attentive. No we did not mention that we were disappointed with our food. Neither one of is will send food back in a restaurant and we did not expect a comped meal because we did eat it. We were on a tight schedule. We had to get back to a conference. As a matter of fact, the waitress brought the bill which was $27. I thought I put in thirty dollars. And so I tossed some more money on the table before we ran off. We were so late getting back. I later realized that I had put in two twenty dollar bills and and not a twenty and a ten as I intended. So our waitress got a substantial tip. My thoughts. It was meant to be. She was sweet. She did her job and waitressing is a hard job. I have done it. I hope it is a tip she never forgets. It is not her fault we were disappointed in the food. She could not have been more attentive. And she was appropriately attentive not intrusive. She would be a wonderful addition to Seasons on Main where we had a wonderful dinner and service the night before.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

There were some positives as well as some negatives to this dining experience. Food was acceptable, very good house made balsamic salad dressing, good chicken dishes, and fair prices. Some negatives were salty soups, ok pasta sauces, and below average service and poor atmosphere. Our waitress asked us at least ten times throughout our meal if everything was satisfactory. (Asking us that many times was not satisfactory!). All four people in our party ordered half portions but two were charged for full portions. Drink orders that should have been on one bill were placed on the others' bill. We were not offered dessert or coffee, only our bill. The restaurant closed at 9 pm, and we were leaving at 8, being the only people left in the restaurant. Were they in a hurry to close? Light bulbs throughout the restaurant needed to be replaced. In a row of lights there was one working bulb on each wall. Weighing the positives and the negatives we won't be returning any time soon.