“The BEST Cheesesteaks on the East Coast!”
Review of Smitty's Steaks

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Smitty's Steaks
Ranked #41 of 96 Restaurants in Bloomsburg
Reviewed 26 April 2016

We love cheesesteaks and order them everywhere we travel. Without a doubt, Smitty's Steaks out ranks them all! They are made to order and you can pick your steak, the toppings, and the cheese. Smitty's offers a "house cheese sauce " which is a blend of three cheeses, or you can ask for any combination of cheeses, including the original Philadelphia cheesesteak Cheeze Wiz and Provolone. From mushrooms, onions, peppers to pepperoni, to other unique toppings, you get to customize your sandwich. Both the bun and the steak quality make for an outstanding sandwich. The fries are fresh cut for your order so be patient. They take longer than the sandwich to make, but that's because they are made fresh with every order. Dine in or take out. We've sampled cheesesteaks from Maine to Florida and the BEST are right here in our home town!

1  Thank DeAnne C

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

Everything here is delicious!! And the shrimp bisque is out of this world!! Polish nachos= life changing. Pleasant staff, quick delivery, and wallet friendly too!!

Reviewed 11 October 2015

My husband and I both attended Bloomsburg University 20+ years ago, and we were up for the weekend taking our daughter on a tour of campus. We were a party of five (my husband, myself, our teenage daughter and son, and our daughter's friend, a current BU student) and stumbled upon Smitty's, choosing it because the seating looked more roomy than most of the other restaurants we passed on main street. We are so glad we found this place! We all had a delicious lunch, and the service was great. We had between us: salad, cheese fries, cheese steak, pork roll sandwich, fried chicken mac and cheese, and steak mac and cheese. Every single thing was fantastic. The prices might look just a couple dollars higher than you might expect BUT the portions are enormous and everything was very good quality. It was an excellent value. The owner is BU alumni and a former SIO brother and my husband and I had a great time talking with him. He was able to fill us in on everything that has happened in Bloom in the last 20+ years! We will definitely eat here again next time we are in Bloom! Side note: the people at the table next to us were also remarking that they just found this place a couple of weeks ago and have been back three more times since, that they love the food here and everything they've had has been delicious! They especially recommended the soups.

2  Thank BC500
Reviewed 5 October 2015 via mobile

As a life long Pirates and Steelers fan, my only knock was the adornments of Phillies and Eagles memorabilia...but can't blame a diehard fan...of two terrible teams;-)

Seriously...my wife and our son really enjoyed this place. A great server, super polite and informative. We came in today (Sunday afternoon about 3) and we were the only ones in there. It's in a good location, nice atmosphere.

The cheesesteaks were incredible! We all loved the food

1  Thank JoshuaBrock
Reviewed 30 September 2015

My husband and I stopped in for a late dinner when we found ourselves kid-free one Saturday night. We were greeted promptly upon entering and seated right away. Menus were brought quickly and we were directed towards a board of speciasl and then left to make our food and beverage choices. Just the right amount of attention! Both my husband and I decided on cheesesteak hoagies with a side of cheese fries.

While waiting for our food, I decided to walk around the restaurant (it was getting late and it was nearly empty) to check out the decor. My husband and I are both Bloomsburg U. grads and we were both in greek life just like the owner. The dining room is adorned with fraternity memorabilia including huge pledge class paddles. Intermingling with the greek paddles are Eagles and Phillies pennants and other Philly sports team mementos. I thoroughly enjoyed checking them out.

In no time at all, our food arrived. First up were the cheese fries. A HUGE basket of homemade, handcut potatoes loaded with melted cheese. Delicious!! And close on the heels of this delight came our cheesesteak hoagies. They were piping hot and enormous with tender steak, crisp lettuce, ripe tomatoes and just a hint of mayo. Perfection! And even better tasting than the fries. My husband was able to polish off his sandwich in one sitting but I opted to take half of mine home.

Smitty's will definitely become a regular stop whenever we are craving a great cheesesteak!!

1  Thank Morgan D

Been to Smitty's Steaks? Share your experiences!