“Great stop for fast noodles”
Review of Issei Noodle

Issei Noodle
Ranked #9 of 171 Restaurants in Carlisle
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I had lunch here with a colleague when I was in Carlisle for business. The selection of various types of Asian noodle dishes is fantastic. From ramen to pad Thai to Vietnamese vermicelli, they have what you want. Our food came out fast and service was kind.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We were regular customers at Issei Noodle until the other night. We arrived and it was busy. There was some type of event going on at the college but we got a table. We ordered and we all got our food except my wife. I asked the waiter and he apologized and said "we only have one wok tonight". No problem, except her food didn't come until we were all almost done eating. Again we understood, it happens. She had ordered a pad thai dish. What she received was only about 4 bites of noodles spread out on a plate and covered with a mound of bean sprouts (which were not in what she ordered). We asked the waiter and he would not take her dish back. We didn't want to cause a scene in the crowded restaurant and disrupt peoples meals or make the management look bad so she ate it (and she was starving). We also didn't have time to wait for another meal especially with only one wok functioning. When I went up to pay I tried to quietly tell them what happened without people hearing that were standing around waiting. It was $14 for this pile of bean sprout poo that my wife was served. Were you trying to stretch the dishes because you only had one wok and it was busy or did you just decide to serve this crap? I asked for half off as I thought that was fair (it was worth zero). The owner got irate and started screaming not only to me but at the employees as well. She then screamed "No she ate it must pay" or something like that. Now I know why there is a new wait staff (except the relatives) every time we went. The waiter wouldn't take my wife's meal back because he was afraid of the owner. After seeing what a horrible person you are and how you treat not only paying customers but also your hard working employees, I WILL NEVER EVER SET FOOT IN YOUR RESTAURANT AGAIN!!

1  Thank Scott_835
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been coming here for years. At first it wasn’t as popular so it was always a relaxing experience. Now they have more traffic and that tends to make it so your server can sparsely get to you. Typically they have a full house and around two servers. They are however always a delicious stop and even if the server doesn’t constantly check in on you it isn’t because they are neglecting you, it’s because they are genuinely busy. Your dishes tend to come out at separate times from the rest of your party and while it may bother others it shows me that they are making it as fresh as possible. Ignore the bad reviews and stop in, their noodles are worth it!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I don't know why this place got so many good reviews. Perhaps we just ordered the wrong thing. But, our dishes were bland. I would never go back there again.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Issei noodle keeps things simple. They offer variations on ramen noodle dishes. Period. The restaurant is on the small size, but that means you can see them prepare your order. Get a seat at the bar area to really get a good view of the cooks at work. There are tables, but seating can be limited many times. This restaurant is VERY popular with the students from Dickenson College. One down side is that I have gone there on more than one occasion craving a noodle bowl, only to find them inexplicably closed even though their web site and posted store hours indicated they should be open. The restaurant seems to tailor its hours to the college schedule, or sometimes they are closed for personal reasons. I strongly suggest that you call before going there. I enjoy their food, especially their spicy noodle dish. The prices are reasonable (it is ramen, after all, the staple of poor college students), and the quantity of food is excellent. Service can be on the slow side depending upon how many wait staff and cooks are present, but I never found my wait to be longer than I have encountered at other restaurants. This is not a restaurant for everyone. But if you like Ramen like I do, make an effort to check out Issei Noodle. You will be glad you did. FYI, have some fun and eat the noodles and such with chop sticks, and then drink the broth.

1  Thank Arthur P